Friday, 10 May 2013

Polka Doodles #19: Just The Twoo Of Us

Time for another PolkaDoodles challenge, my friends! And this week we're celebrating Anniversaries ...the PolkaDoodles style. I was about to make a wedding anniversary card for a friend when I was approached by our neighbour's 18 year old daughter. She asked me (very nicely) if I could make her a little keepsake, to give her boyfriend, something to celebrate a special anniversary. Aaaw, how sweet.... and then it hit me! They're both 18! Exactly what special anniversary could they be celebrating?! Dare I ask? Do I want to know? While I was wrapped up in my own thoughts I heard a distant voice announce "...for our first date in May last year...". Phew! What a relief! (I know... I should have more faith in today's youth!)

I used papers and labels from the Love and Cherish CD to make this simple keepsake with pockets for a little card and a photo matt. She loves it and I'm told the young man is equally thrilled. I like it so much I might just make one for myself!


The booklet measures 4-1/4" x 6".... 

... tied with some ribbon. 

On the inside, a little card (left) and photo matt (right). 

On the left page there's a little pocket for a 3x3 card. The flap measures 2" .

Here's a closer look at the card. The focal image is from the Love & Cherish CD.

On the right page, there's a pocket for a photo matt. 

The photo matt. I made to fit the dimensions of the photo, leaving some space below the owl for a personal sentiment.

One last look from above.
Here are some challenges for this project: My Heart Pieces Digital Stamp Challenge "Anything Goes"Happy Campers #16 "Use Lace"Delightful Sketches "Stash It"The Stamping Chef "Animal Love" ; Crazy Amigo Challenge "Birds"Digi Makeover Challenge #87 "Favorite Colours"Pause Dream Enjoy #9 "Outdoor Critters";  and Simon Says Stamps "Says Things With Wings".

That's all from me today. Thanks for stopping by and now it's your turn to showcase your anniversary project. Link up your labour of love over at the Polka Doodles Challenge Blog and you stand to win some awesome prizes. So get cracking, y'all!

Beijinhos!




21 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card,love it.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, a lovely project, I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way -did you create this from one piece of 12x12 card -I mean the base? This is really so cute, I think I'll have to make it myself... Is the pocket flap 3 inches or a bit smaller maybe? And then you just cut a bit off with a crafting knife or something from the inner corner? So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful,love the gorgeous image and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable and what a lovely pressie. The colours are just perfect and I love the ribbon. This is just such a sweet pressie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your comment is really nice. It shows a good thinking
    Keep this nice sharing up.
    Simran Kaur
    Accounts Software For Small Business

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a gorgeous keepsake Asha I'm not surprised they loved it Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how fabulous. You have made a really great keepsake here Asha. Love from Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww this is beautiful Asha and what a wonderful thing to keep huggles hun Sue xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Asha - this is stunning - I love how you have made it into a keepsake!! Wonderful choices of papers and those images, perfect! Have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous keepsake Asha, love it. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card - Don't forget to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/05/52-card-pickup-219.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning my dearest friend^_^
    Stunning elegant card ^_^
    I love the colours used^_^
    Happy weekend,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know what it is about owls, but I can't seem to get enough of them! And there are plenty of owls on this sweet card! This is such a great design - love the color of the ribbon and the design with the pockets on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Asha
    Fabulous card... And i love the one you made previos....
    Hope you are a bit better
    Take Care
    Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's one informative article for the viewers and users.
    Thank you, this article was very useful and well presented.
    Accounts Software For Small Business
    Simran Kaur

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW, Asha! This is magnificent. Love the story behind it, too. :-D Great papers and those owls are delightful. Love the ribbon you used for the big bow. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is awesome! What a great idea to make cards and a folder. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Stamping Chef!! --Sous Chef Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my what an absolutely stunning design Asha!! LOVE the pretty papers and fun sentiment to go along with those owls!! So sweet!! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww I love owls and this is so darn sweet... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ah, young love indeed! You're right I probably wouldn't want to know what anniversary they could have been celebrating either ;). This is a very clever keepsake and very gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...