Thursday, 23 May 2013

Forever In Our Hearts

Hello there my friends. We received some sad news on Tuesday. The time had come for a dear friend to end her battle with cancer and go Home to the Lord. Little over a year ago she was full of life, bright and bubbly. We met regularly under the guise of playing bridge. We talked so much, we struggled to complete a rubber! She made us promise that when the time came, there will be no tearful mourning. Instead we will wear yellow, her favourite colour and sing happy hymns. But it's not easy to not to be sad, and near impossible to be cheerful as she wanted us to be....and I struggled to make this card, from the remaining 3, to give her mum.


The papers are by Crate Paper "Toy Box" 6x6 pad. 

I'm using 2 stamps here. The daff is from Chocolate Baroque's Easter Traditions set, coloured with Promarkers. And the sentiment is from Our Daily Bread's Sharing Your Sorrow set, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black. Then I stamped again, slightly lower for a shadow effect. Quite please with how it turned out.  

I cut the image out with Spellbinders Labels 4, inked the edges with TH's Peeled Paint  and popped it up with some foam tape.

Enough space on the inside for each of us to say a little something to her mum.

The sketch is from Tuesday Morning Sketches # 199; I picked the colours from Color Throwdown #243; other challenges: Word Art Wednesday #81 "Anything Goes"Perfect Sentiments #80 "Anything Goes"Cute Card Thursday #270 "Tie It Up" and Belli Challenge #170 "Flowers".















That's all from me today. Thanks for stopping by. I'll be back tomorrow with a DT post for PolkaDoodles. In the meantime, say hi to a friend 'cause we really don't know what tomorrow will bring. Have a great day, y'all!

Beijinhos!

19 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. Your card is lovely and the sentiment is so heartfelt. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry hun - sending you huge hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for the loss of your friend, Asha. I am sure that her Mum will be comforted by the beautiful and thoughtful card you made for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always difficult to make cards for such sad occasions, and especially when it's someone close to you. I think you made a beautiful card, and I like that you included yellow, her favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear your sad news Asha, always a difficult time whether expected or not. Thinking of you my friend. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Asha, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. Your friend is at peace now and with her Heavenly Father, but you who are left need time to come to terms with your loss. Having just lost a dear friend a few weeks ago I really do know how you are feeling. Cry when you need to but remember the good times and smile though your tears. You are in my thoughts and prayers! Love and God Bless, Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear your sad news,your card is beautiful!!
    Thanks for joining CCT this week!
    Hugs heidy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is beautiful Asha - such a wonderful daffodil. So sorry to hear your sad news. Hugs, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry for your loss, Asha! I hope making this card helped you and it is beautiful and will be a great encouragement to her mum!
    Thanks for sharing it with us this week at TMS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear your sad news Asha. Your card is beautiful and will bring comfort to your friend's Mum. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh Asha, so sorry to hear this news-I am sure this card will be appreciated x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend :(. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is lovely -- the reason is not. So sorry for your loss. The image is beautiful and the sentiment is perfect. I know it (and your thoughts) will be much appreciated. Thank you for sharing with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty. Sorry to hear your sad news. :(

    Thanks for joining us at the CTD.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely card! It will be greatly appreciated I'm sure! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fabulous card.. Thanks for joining us for this weeks challenge. Thanks for joining us at Perfect Sentiments


    Pam DT.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel for you. I prayed for you and her family. May God replace the tears with happy memories. Your card is beautiful-just right for her mom. Thank you for sharing it with us at The Perfect Sentiment Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so sorry for your loss Asha. You've made a beautiful card with a lovely sentiment that I'm sure will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks for joining us at the Belli Challenge. hugs, Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful card you made to honor your friend. Your coloring on the flower is so pretty and what a fantastic sentiment. I'm so sorry for your loss and have prayed for the Lord to comfort you. Thanks for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...