Sunday, 5 May 2013

Christmas Card Card #8: (Not quite) One layer CAS

Can you believe it's time for another Christmas Card Club offering?! Our 8th challenge of the year is a scary one for me.....creepy CAS! And the nightmare doesn't end there. Our talented hostess Zoë wants us to make a one layer card! Eeeeeek!!!! These CAS affairs freak me out and this card has ding-donged (not merrily!) between the drawing board and the bin countless times until I ran out of time (and cold sweat). It may be kinda, sorta CAS but it ain't one layer...but I have a very good reason for that.

I, very cleverly, decided to heat emboss the entire focal image on to the red card-base. Brilliant idea....not! The card warped under the heat... unsurprisingly, because there's a lot of melting action. The image needed matting to remain flat. And thus began several combos of embossing, tossing, retrieving and matting until I finally settled on this.


The image is by Chocolate Baroque called "Peace on Earth". No patterned papers...I know my CAS.

Flat as a pancake and not a stitch in sight. No embellishments nor foam tape.  Like I said, I know my CAS.

Here's a close-up of the embossing. It's a very tactile card....love the feel of all that embossing. 

I had to be myself on the inside...hence the ribbon and a touch of green. It is Christmas, after all!
(OK.. so I don't really know CAS!)

I'm taking my labour of love to the following challenges: Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #123 "Let's Get Sentimental" ; Crafty Hazelnut's Extra Christmas Challenge - May "Anything Goes" ; Sparkles Forum Christmas #28 "Favourite Festive Colours" ; Crimbo Crackers #40 "Anything Goes" ; My Heart Pieces Digital "Add Embossing: Dry / Wet" ; Southern Girls Challenge #68 "You Can Say That Again" ; Catch The Bug May "Anything Goes" ; Sister Act Card #5 "Anything Goes" ; The Artistic Stamper - May "Words" and Word Art Wednesday #78 "Uplifting Sentiment".

That's another card done for my Christmas stash. Thank you for stopping by and I wish you a blessed Sunday!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:




28 comments:

  1. Gorgeous creation Asha, haven't heat embossed for ages....mmmmm you've got me thinking! Hope you have as lovely day. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually love heat embossing. And I LOVE this card! The stamp is terrific! Have a good day Asha. Love Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The, I love it Asha, it really was worth the effort. Fabulous embossing. I have to enter this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's perfect Asha and great as a CAS card. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Asha
    Fabulous image.... Love it... Hope you are a bit better.....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Asha,
    It is a very wonderful card. I love the inside and outside.
    We love seeing what you have created and posted with us this week. God Bless you,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Asha! I love the embossed silhouette image! Great CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous sweetie... and one for your Christmas stash... brilliant. Loves ya Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The embossing on this is fantastic with a great image, and the inside is decorated so sweetly as well. Thanks for sharing with us in this week's challenge. It's such a treat to have you share your lovely cards with us each week, Asha. Thanks for being part of our challenge blog - I love seeing your cards!
    Karen
    WOrd Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous CAS card Asha even if it isn't one layer. I know what you mean about warping although allowing the gun to heat up before using on the card does help. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was certainly worth persevering, Asha - fantastic CAS card - I know from bitter experience about the warping with heat embossing - usually because I'm too impatient to let the gun heat up sufficiently first - I also find it's less likely to happen if I heat from underneath first and then on top. You ended up with a beautiful card for Zoe's CCC challenge and also for both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you there again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card - your embossing is great.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Thanks for participating in our My Heart Pieces challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Asha - I steered clear of heat embossing because I have the warping issues too no matter how good or thick the card is. I know Zoe will forgive you hun Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've definitely gone CAS with this card - it's such a pretty image and it looks great heat embossed. I like the feel of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card as always Asha I love your cards huggles hun Sue xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Asha - fabulous embosssing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know what you mean about embossing...I always have to weigh mine down inbetween heavy books to flatten them after!

    Your card is fabulous. So tactile and shimmery too!

    Of course it helps that the image is so wonderful...a real Christmas image!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Asha...wow thats a cracker....love the embossing and that stamp must have a look at this chocolate baroque.....glad you gave in too Life and cards need ribbons hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Asha! I'm happy you kept retrieving your card, because the final outcome turned out outstanding!!! Your post was fun to read, too! LOL Very lovely work. I can just feel the embossing myself by looking at your beautiful work.
    Manderly
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Asha hunni this is beautiful. I love the black and white against the red and who cares if there is a bit of matting, it is perfect.
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW!!! What a gorgeous one layer my friend!! The embossing is amazing and I love the added ribbon on the inside too!! :) Lucky you for getting started already!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  23. awesome stamping and stunning card :) so glad you linked up with CHNC Extra this month
    Rose GD

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good Morning, "WOW" So beautiful is your card and fabulous details added thank you for joining our challenge at Sparkles Christmas Challenge "YOUR FAVOURITE FESTIVE COLOUR" good luck and hope to see you again next time DT Member Sandra H xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Of course, it's not your fault that you couldn't do one layer!! This is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great one layer cas card! Great job!
    Thanks for playing along at the SGC!
    Hugs Siv

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great inspirational work. Keep it up.
    Great information and well written.
    Simran Kaur
    Accounts Software For Small Business

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very nice elegant card! I love the colour combo and the simplicity of the design! Embossing is such a fun way to get this effect! Thanks for joining us at My Heart Pieces.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...