Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Together Always

Here we are again, my friends! Time for another Tuesday Throwdown challenge - a Card Recipe with 2s and Ts - an interesting twist! Our generous sponsor this week is Robyn's Fetish. Here's what you have to do:

* Use only 2 colours of your choice, excluding neutrals and the colours of your focal image.  
(For my card, I picked shades of Pink and Brown. My focal image is called Love Birds by Robyn's Fetish.)

and

* Use 2 things starting with the letter T, eg Twine, Tags, Tabs.  
(I'm using Twine and Thread on my card.)

and  

Use 2 different ribbons.  
(On my card, you'll see pink and chocolate gingham ribbons.)


I really had fun with this recipe. The image is so adorable and perfect for an upcoming anniversary of a young couple.


I made a 5" square card, using papers from Papermania's "Confetti" collection.

And here is that adorable image by Robyn's Fetish called Love Birds. I used  SN markers to colour the image:  Golden Browns for the nest, creamy Earth Browns for the birds and Pale Pinks for their hearts and bow. For cutting and layering I used Spellbinders Standard Circle and Heart Circle dies. 

I used pink Twine to tie little bows on my chocolate and pink gingham ribbons. And for my 2nd T, I'm using brown Thread to do all the stitching.  

Here's the inside. I used Memento Chocolate Brown to stamp that sentiment from the Fancy Phrases set by WMS. 

I'm taking my card to the following challenges: Paper Makeup Stamps #82 "Anything Goes with Digi"Eureka Stamps #33 "Stripe or Circles"Kaboodle Doodles #165 "Use 2 Different Papers"Stamp and Create April Challenge "Use At Least 1 Die Cut"Sparkle n Sprinkle Creative April Challenge "Use A Digi"Lexi's Creations #87 "Punches and / or Dies"Glitter n Sparkle #26 "Cute" and Catered Crop "Twine Love Recipe Swap".

So now it's your turn. I'm sure you'll have fun with this challenge and if you're short on ideas and need some inspiration, visit the rest of the Design Team:   Kim SherrodCarol GillCeal PritchettDavi ReidJoyce LoftonJulie WellsNana Connie and Sally Dube.  You will not be disappointed! Link up your project over at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #141 and we'll be pop by for a visit.

Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to seeing your projects! Happy crafting, y'all!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:


27 comments:

  1. A beautiful card...gorgeous image and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful anniversary card. I love the heart die framing the cute image. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww what a sweet image.
    Thank you for joining us at Lexis Creations.
    Hugs Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my friend, I hope you passed a beautiful Easter holiday ^_^
    Your creation is wonderful as always ^_^
    A big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, this is gorgeous!
    Beautiful card, nice image and lovely color combo!
    Thanks for playing with us at Digi Makeover this week.
    Hugs,
    Ardilla :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Asha, this card is stunning!!! I love the design and that cute image. The papers are fabulous and what wonderful colours and embellishments. TFS and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Asha!! Love the pink and brown combo with all the different layers and your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, Asha! I love the soft colors and pretty papers! Adorable image!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Asha. The pink and brown, with the touches of green, looks great. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Asha this is gorgeous! Beautifully coloured and wonderful details Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulour Asha, love how you've tied the ribbons with twine ... must try! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The image is so sweet, and I love how you've arranged the ribbon! Clever design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh wow this is so gorgeous Asha!! love it huggles hun Sue J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card Asha, love your colours. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful!! Your 2's all came together perfectly in this card!! Sweet image!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Asha what a perfect challenge for you. I love the colours and the cute image is perfect for an anniversary x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this image, its adorable!

    Thanks for sharing with us at Lexi's Creations this challenge! Hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is magnificent, Asha! Love those ribbons, and the pink and brown really work together.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!
    A great greeting card!
    Good luck to the challenge!

    If you want ... Please can you on my blog and to become a Member? ....I'd be honored

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooo sweet! Love the use of the ribbons!
    Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  21. such a sweet card. Love the birds!!Thanks for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenges this month.
    Barbara - SNSCC coordin

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the heart diecut. Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at glitter n sparkle x

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is one gorgeous card Asha, that is such a fun, cute image, the papers, colours and card design look superb.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awwww, this is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle this week :) xx -Paula DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card and fabulous color combo! I love the heart frame and your sweet ribbons!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous card, love the colors and all the details on your card! Thanks for playing with us at SNS Monthly Sketch Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...