Monday, 1 April 2013

Thinking of You

I'm back....and this time with my MojoMonday card. I'll be quick because I still have loads of emails to get through. Our Norwegian friends have very kindly offered to cook dinner, so while they are busy in my kitchen I'll post my card to share with you. This card will be on its way to my dear blog-buddy who  is having a rough time, health-wise....yet stoically, she soldiers on. 


The DPs are by Stampin Up! and these are from way back when. 

I don't have Calypso Coral so I'm using Memento Morocco ink instead... a close enough match, I think. The sentiment is from WMS Compact Sentiments 2, cut and layered with Spellbinders Standard Circle and Scalloped Circle dies.   

I ran the background solid colour CS through the BigShot with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder and jazzed up the card with ribbon, twine, bling and a paper doily.

Here's the inside.


Ideas and inspiration for this card came from MojoMonday #287 - sketchWhoopsi Daisy Challenge "Bling"The Ribbon Reel Challenge #50 "Mix and Match" - 1 solid paper, 2 patterned papers, ribbon and twine; Come and Get It Challenge "Colours - Calypso Coral, Pool Party and Daffodil Delight" and Simon Says Stamp "A Very Strict Challenge - AG!"




Thank you so much for stopping by, but before I go I want share one more Easter delight with you - Hot Cross Buns! I made them yesterday and here they are fresh out of the oven balancing precariously on a mixing bowl and a mug of hot cappuccino! Of course I have a cooling rack but why bother using it, right?! These buns were delish ...  soft, pillowy not too cinnamon-y. I gave it a mediterranean twist by throwing in some pine nuts. Oh yum! I urge you to make your own because they are waaaay superior to the commercial versions. These disappeared at a blink of an eye...my only regret: halving the recipe.  




Beijinhos!


16 comments:

  1. OOooooooooooo yummy hot cross buns I would love that recipe Asha!!! with pine nuts sounds delicious and card is fab too huggles hun Sue xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, cheery card Asha and the hot cross buns look so yummy. Not too much cinnamon...just the way I like them :) hugs, Pat K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any chance of sharing the recipe Asha? I'll get DH to give it a go, he likes making bread so I may be able to twist his arm. I don't like shop bought ones and these look so delicious! Gorgeous card too, have fun with your friends Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my mouth is drooling, Asha -- over both the card and hot cross buns! :-D Love the papers yo chose for the card and the simple design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That blue paper I love and the twine on top of the ribbon is a great idea and it really works, I will have to try that. Those bun look so tempting and pine nuts.....yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful papers and colors, Asha! The doily is such a pretty touch! Yummy hot cross buns! Thanks for joining The Ribbon Reel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, such beautiful papers and I love the sketch. Those hot cross buns look so yummy. Hope you enjoyed them !! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet card! Love the doily in the back and the bright colors! The hot cross buns look very delicious! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous card, love the colours you have used. Thanks for playing along at Whoopsi Daisy this week, hope to see you next week. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Asha! Your hot cross buns just stole the show! Lots of memories there - not too many bakers out there any more - but wow - look at how all that hard work paid off - they look just scrumptious - and your card ain't too shabby either my friend!!! You are blessed in many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Asha, I'd say the morocco color is a great match for the calypso coral and you did a great job with the color challenge, thanks for joining us at Come and Get It this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!
    A great greeting card!
    Good luck to the challenge!

    If you want ... Please can you on my blog and to become a Member? ....I'd be honored

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card Asha. Fabulous layout and I love how you have used our colours from the challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It this week, hope to see you back again soon. Meighan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card! Love all those sewing.

    Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy "Bling" challenge.
    Hope to see your lovely projects again soon!

    Hugs, Sande xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful and colourful looking card. Love the colours and the use of design elements. Thanks for joining us at WhoopsiDaisy this week. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, such pretty papers.
    Thanks for joining us at TRR this fortnight!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...