Tuesday, 30 April 2013

Thank You, Sister Betty

Welcome to another Tuesday Throwdown challenge. We had some fabby entries last week. Thanks to all those who participated and because we had so much fun last week...we're doing it again this week! Yay! The theme for Challenge #145 is "Thank You, Teacher". You probably did not do enough of this while you were at school, I know I didn't... Not easy when they were on your back over home works and projects.

Our sponsor for this challenge is Bugaboo Stamps and I'm using Stella as a teacher, who bears an uncanny resemblance to my English teacher in high school - Sister Betty. I've never seen Sister Betty in civvies but the hair, the glasses, the smirk and that dreaded stick... unforgettable. Yes ma'am, Sister Betty was a crabby, cranky, caustic nun but in hindsight, I'm glad that she was a demanding so-and-so. No lasting traumas or scars here ... just a sense of gratitude. Of course, it look me 30-odd years to admit that!    


The patterned papers are from Basic Grey "Life of the Party" 6x6 pad.

I coloured Stella with Promarkers and SN markers.  To cut and layer the sentiment I used Spellbinders Grommet Tags die.

And some blue and red twine to hold the tag in place.


I'm taking my card to the following challenges: Stamps + Fun = Creativity #149 "Bingo: Button-Free-Pennant"Tammy's Scrapin' Corner #60 "Lots of Layers"Sparkle n Sprinkle Creative Challenges "Use a Digi"Cutie Pie Challenge #43 "Lots of Layers"Crafty Bloggers Network #10 "Anything Goes"Bearly Mine Challenges #84 "Anything Goes" and Artistic Inspiration #39 "Lots of Layers".

Now it's your turn. Make a thank you card for a teacher; your own form the past, or your child's, even a friend who is a teacher. It's thankless job - they don't get enough credit and very often, very little support. It's never too late to say "Thank you, teacher!" Link up your project at the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge blog and waited to be graded by the DT!

Beijinhos!




27 comments:

  1. Such a fab image, I have a few of these I need to look them out, I forgot what great cards they make! And yours is a gem!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Asha I think all teachers were like that back then ... drill sergeants springs to mind but boy did we learn and for that I'm grateful and should have done more with it, but no time for regrets! Gorgeous card with lots of humour. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful creation with great attention to detail. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Tammy’s Scrapin Corner Senior DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card,love the design...fab image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the irreverence of the card! Is that something sister Betty used to say?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ..and the hairy legs!brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the image and sentiment. They definitely were strict but it was all good. The papers are beautiful too. I love Basic Grey products.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one cool card, Asha! Stella reminds me of a teacher or two I had at school, with her grey hair, the glasses placed on the tip of her nose and her overall not so very modern look in the eyes of a teenager! Great papers and design, the border with ruler print is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card, Asha, and your papers are just perfect for a school theme! Great sentiment for Stella. :-D Bless Sister Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Asha, this is so cute. We do need to thank our teachers. Where would we be without them? Great idea for a challenge as the school year comes to a close. And I just love your image and sentiment. Made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous card, these images are so fun.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge this month
    Claire x
    (DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card and image which made me smile too. Great sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Artistic this week. Abbie (owner) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Asha, love the sentiment. I think we all had teachers like this at school. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL!! Amen to that!! :) Really fun card Asha and your papers are so perfect with your theme!! LOVE IT!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card! Funny image and I love the corresponding papers you've used - just perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Asha, I really love that image your card is just faublous. Love the design and the color choice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL love the sentiment - and fabulous card. What a great image:-) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello my dear friend, I want to apologize if I can not comment on all your beautiful work, but I finally found a full-time job ^_^
    Will I be able to visit you on weekends only .. in Italy today is Labor Day and we are all at home^_^
    You have done a marvelous creation as always
    Have a wonderful day^_^
    Big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is great!! Every teacher I know would heartily agree with this!! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab card! Love your paper!

    Hugs from your TT teamie!

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great card, I just love these images they are fantastic. Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Challenges. Good Luck xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hysterical sentiment, gave me quite a chuckle Asha. I love this card and the wonderful elements you added. Hope you have a relaxing weekend, hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  23. A beautiful card, a great design and wonderful colors.
    Thanks for joining us this week at SFC.
    Hugs
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous card, and great sentiment :). Thank you for sharing with us at BearlyMine design challenges this week. Jackie. SDT.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautifully crafted. Great design and attention to detail. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Tammy’s Scrappin Corner.
    Hugs Berni, DT
    {Tammys Scrapin Corner)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the card and sentiment. Stella is so sassy! What's not to love. Great layers and I really like that ruler ribbon trim. Thanks for sharing with us at Tammy's Scrapin' Corner - Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like your quality that you put into your post.
    Please do continue with more like this.
    Thanks for the information and for sharing your knowledge.
    Accounts Software For Small Business
    Simran Kaur

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...