Tuesday, 23 April 2013

My Sunshine

It was a beautiful day. Clear sky, sun, light breeze... a perfect spring day. And I did not want it to end. Usually, I spend most of Monday wishing it would end soon. Not today. I was determined not to let anyone or anything get me down. To seal the deal, I wolfed down 4 cream-filled profiteroles and managed to remain totally guilt-free. Later, I made this card based on the MojoMonday sketch. Can you not tell that those yummy profiteroles left a lasting impression!  


I used all sorts of scrap pieces for this one. The dp for the bottom half is from WRMK's Travel Light. For the top half, I embossed a piece of light yellow CS with the Swiss Dots folder.

The sentiment is from WMS Half Pint Heroes, stamped with Memento Bamboo Leaves. I also added a length of white lace.  

I cut the flowers with Spellbinders Rose Creation dies by Donna Salazar using scrap papers  from ... somewhere, haven't the foggiest now, and little pearls in the centre of each.  A green bow, button and some twine and we're done.  That button is from a shirt I had to throw out (a BBQ accident 5 years ago!) ...I still have 6 more buttons to use!  

Keeping in plain and simple on the inside.


Here are some challenges for you to enter too: MojoMonday #290The Shabby Tea Room #163 "Spring Bliss"Make It Monday #137 "Anything Goes"; Whoopsi Daisy "Use Circles"; Catch The Bug Bingo "Button-Pearl-Embossing"; House of Gilli "Anything Goes: Lace & Pearls"Use It Tuesday #54 "Flowers For Mom" and Kaboodle Doodles #168 "Spring".








Thanks for stopping by, my friends, and have a blessed day!


Beijinhos!


27 comments:

  1. yes, you did have a better day! Love the ribbon with the button and twine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful card Asha and good on you girl for enjoying guilt free goodies! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful,love the gorgeous design and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Asha! I love the fresh and sunny colors and pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Asha, lovely colours and beautifully designed...a pleasure to view..xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely spring like colours Asha. So fresh and pretty. Gorgeous card. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty!!!! Love it! Thank you so much for sharing this gorgeous creation with us at Make it Monday! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize!
    Good luck and I hope to see you back next week for another open paper challenge!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card. I love the layout and beautiful flowers. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous crd with us this week at Catch The Bug Challenge Blog.
    Nancy Guest Designer CTB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! Now I'm craving something sweet!! :)
    Your card is so pretty and spring-y!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so happy and gorgeous Asha!! Really love your take on the sketch here!! So full of sunshine and fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! The flowers and designer paper match perfectly. I hope you are doing fine. Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card as always Asha ..thought of you today when I was out walking Ollie and said a little prayer ..huge huggles hun Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card - love love the colours and papers. Beautiful bow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty card Asha!
    Love the colours as well as the design. So glad to hear that things were a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your card very much: light colours and beautiful details make it very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really elegant, Asha! I like your use of yellow on this card, so cheerful and perfect with your choice of sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a pretty card-you have totally captured Spring :)
    Best wishes,Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mmmm yummy profiteroles sounds like a good 'cheer up' Monday campaign followed by some super crafting - lovely card with zingy colours x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your colour scheme Asha - really fresh and Spring-like!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty and springy, love the color combo. Thanks for playing Bingo with us at the Catch the Bug challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh rats, I now have a craving for profiteroles! My own hand made ones - yum nom yum!
    Beautiful sunny card my friend and those flowers look just like profiteroles, must be time for me dinner. Keep well huni Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so cute! I love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So pretty and springy! Beautiful card.
    Thanks for sharing with us at TSTR:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. So beautiful and bright!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Catch the Bug Challenge! Hope to see you again!

    Cheryl First
    aka Cafexpressions
    DT Member for Bugaboo Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great card! Thanks for playing with us at Use It Tuesday this week!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...