Saturday, 13 April 2013

Male Birthday Mail

Hello my friends! Welcome to the weekend. I hope it's starting well for y'all. Looks like we'll be blessed with a (dare I say) sunny day. All week I've posted soft pastel girly cards .... and all this temple-aching sweetness is getting to be toooo much for me. Time to shake things up a bit. Time for something strong, bold and manly.... well, almost.

I made a tri-fold birthday card for our fave Sushiman. He makes some of the best Japanese food we've eaten this side of Osaka....umami-licious, I tell ya! Anyways, he's invited a few of his loyal customers and friends for a little soiree (at least that's what he calls it) tomorrow and I'm going to show him that I too can do a bit of fancy folding! Here's the card:

The patterned papers are form Papers Crate's Toy Box 6x6 pad. The top panel is just blue CS embossed using Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots folder.

The top panel folds down and tucks into the little "for You" label. For this I used WMS stamp, Memento Danube Blue and Spellbinders Labels 4.  

You lift the top panel to see this. That strip of dp reminds me so much of his bamboo placemats. This panel folds down...

... to reveal the inside. The greeting is from Chocolate Baroque's Birthday Wishes set, stamped with Memento Potter's Clay. 

Here's a close-up of the Birthday Mail medallion. Again, CB stamp, Memento Potters Clay and Spellbinders Circles and Scalloped circles dies. I also added a button and some twine. I cut a semi-circle on the top panel as a window for the medallion.

It's a fun-fold card and I hope you'll give it a go. Just for fun, I'm linking it to Tuesday Throwdown #142 "Fancy Folds" and for challenges I'm going with The Play Date Cafe #177 "Nautical Breezes- Midnight, Aqua, Terra Cotta"Bloggers Challenge "Emboss Me"Card Crafters Circle #70 "Die-ing To Impress You"Aud Sentiments #78 "For a Guy" and Delightful Sketches "Round-up" .

Thanks for stopping by. Have a nice weekend, enjoy the sun! We've going to suit up, get on the bike and go for an exhilarating high-speed ride. No one enjoys these more than Snoopi. Watch out for this cheeky little dog in pink helmet!


TRAGIC UPDATE:
Minutes after this post was published, our sweet darling Snoopi was a victim of a hit and run. We rushed her to the vet but our baby-dog could not be saved. My heart is breaking. She was my constant companion, in the car, on a motorbike, always happy. We didn't have time for that bike ride. Wait for me....I'll see you soon, sweet Snoopi.


 Beijinhos!

26 comments:

  1. Wow Asha, lovely card and I hope you enjoy your soiree tonight. Snoop looks all dressed up and ready to go, awesome! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card and great image and colours...x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fabulous, Asha - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and beautiful the colors used^_^
    Have a sweet weekend my dear,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous fabulous card - love that fold!!! Love the doggy:-) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant male card. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Asha, I can't believe the news about Snoopi-my goodness more sadness for you-thinking of you xx (card is fab and bold and Japanese is our favourite)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh Asha :(((( really sad news about Snoopi oh my goodness!!! my thoughts are with you hun huge hugssssssss this is awful news Sue J xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Asha, how terribly sad! I am so, so sorry. You must be heart broken. Loving thoughts are with you! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tragic news Asha, my thoughts are with you. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Asha your card is really wonderful, I love the way you made it open quite cool!! Thinking of you my sweet teammate!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Asha I'm really sad to learn about Snoopi :(. This is just awful news! 《Hugs》

    BTW the card is very awesome and the design just wonderful!

    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your design for this card, it's a great choice for a male card! So sorry to hear about your dog...

    ReplyDelete
  14. how fun! great colour combo!thanks for linking up at Aud Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card Asha! I really like that fold, too! Thinking of you in the loss of Snoopi.

    Your DT sister,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect color combo and papers for a fabulous guy card, Asha! So sad to hear about Snoopi. Prayers for your grief.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Asha my heart goes out to you about Snoopi. She was part of your family and leaves a huge hole I'm sure. Thinking of you at this sad time. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, hun, I'm so sorry for your loss. You made such a great male card....love the colours and the fold....thanks so much for entering at Card Crafter's Circle.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sorry about Snoopi, you are in my thoughts Asha. Your card is great for a male and I know your friend appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. so sorry to hear about your Snoopi, how tragic to lose your little companion like that. Your card is a wonderful masculine card, love the fold of it. Thanks for joining us at Blogger's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute. I like the fun fold and this would make a great masculine b-day card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful masculine card! sorry to hear about your dog....
    Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments!
    Hugs xx ♥ Sandra ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it. Thanks for playing with us at The Cafe this week!

      Delete
  24. Fabulous masculine card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is great! I love the way that it opens around the circle - what a cool card! So glad you could join us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...