Saturday, 27 April 2013

He is my Refuge

It's Saturday and I made a card for a friend. She just got some disturbing news. Her husband, who has been in remission for the past 6 years, drew the short straw once again. The dreaded cancer is back. There is something inherently unfair when good, decent, faithful people are dealt such a wicked blow. There's just no sense in it. At times like these, we need to be strong...and a little faith goes a long way.

Here's what I'm sending her:

The papers are from First Edition "Spring Fling" 8x8 pad. For added texture I embossed the green background paper with D'Vine Swirls folder and the polkadot piece with the Swiss Dots folder.

I love this sentiment. I live by it. It fills me with strength, courage, joy and gratitude. I'm hoping it will do the same for my friend. The beautiful work of art is by the über talented Mynnette Kitchen...my prize for winning the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown Challenge. (Thanks, Mynnette!)

For embellishments I used pearls, lace, ribbon and buttons. 

I kept the inside blank. I don't know what I'm going to say to her... What can I say? 

For inspiration and ideas I turned to: Tuesday Morning Sketches #195Milk Coffee Challenge "Lace & Pearls"Word Art Wednesday #77 "Anything Goes"My Heart Pieces Digital Stamp "Embossing - Dry or Wet"Crafty Ribbons #44 " Anything Goes with Ribbons"Charisma Cardz #16 "Polkadots"Totally Gorjuss #181 "Ribbons and Pearls" and One Stop Craft #226 "Buttons and Bows" .

So that's my card for today. I'm late in posting - no internet for most of the day. These things happen.  Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you tomorrow with a DT post.

Beijinhos!



Blogged to:















19 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Asha. I just love how you've decorated this inside as well as the outside - it's really lovely. Thank you for sharing this wonderful card in our challenge this week, and please know how very grateful we are to have you play along in our challenge and fellowship with us.
    God bless you always,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Asha, and the most perfect scripture for your friend in such a difficult time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that scripture is perfect. Love the stitching on the card and your take on the sketch. Sometimes it is hard not understanding the "why's" of a situation but that comes from us not seeing Gods Big Picture. But thankful he knows the Big Picture and always takes care of us.
    Thanks for playing at Tuesday Morning Sketches and good luck with winning the prize from Clearly Digi Stamps.

    Kathy D.
    Clearly Digi Stamps DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Asha! A perfect card for your friend which she'll appreciate I'm sure. Yes, why is it always the nice people, I struggle with that one. Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a gorgeous card for such a sad occasion Asha. I am so sorry for your friend and for her husband.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your friends (and you!) are now on my prayer list Asha. Oh my goodness, I wish it wasn't quite so long. A wonderful scripture and a wonderful card. Love and God bless, Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card,so sorry to hear about your friends husband,life can be very cruel.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry about your friend, this is a wonderful card to send her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Asha. I hope the Bible verse gives your friend some comfort. As you say it seems very unfair for a good, decent person to suffer again.

    Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Asha, your friend will really appreciate this. I love the ribbon on top of the lace and the added buttons look just right.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful card and uplifting sentiment. Beautiful design and love the papers. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning Asha! Love the lace and your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just beautiful!! I'm sure it will be a comfort to your friend!
    Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is very uplifting and will do wonders for your friend Asha. So sorry that once again they have to go through this, life can be unfair. Your card is beautiful and you've incorporated so many wonderful details on it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!! This is a really gorgeous creation Asha!! Love the added lace and buttons for a Vintage elegant look!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely design and colour scheme. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  17. A gorgeous card and sentiment.

    Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma Cardz and One Stop Craft Challenge and good luck.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so pretty. I like the colours and the elegant look. Thanks for playing with us at Crafty ribbons! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card! I totally agree with you about cancer. Awful disease and hard working people. Tests your faith... Hugs to you and your friend. Thanks for joining us at My Heart Pieces.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...