Monday, 8 April 2013

Happy Birthday, Dear Friend

Hi there! I'm late with my MojoMonday card....but it has been hectic all day. After dinner, I whipped up this quick card...it's simple, kinda plain, but you know what? I think it's perfect for a girl-friend who will be celebrating her birthday this Friday. (I wonder...are we still girls when we are both close to half a century old?) Here's the card:

The patterned papers are from Papermania's Capsule Collection. I made a square card measuring 4-3/4".

The flower stamp is from Chocolate Baroque's A Thing of Beauty set, stamped in Memento Espresso Truffle and coloured with SN and Promarkers. 

Here is the sentiment, also from the same set, which I stamped directly onto the patterned paper. Again I'm using Memento Espresso Truffle ink. 

For cutting and layering I used Spellbinders Standard Circle and Scalloped Circle dies. To finish I adhered 3 oink ribbons. This is a flat card, perfect for popping in the post.

On the inside...


The sketch is from MojoMonday #288 and the colours are from No Matter Which Challenges #8 "Colour Combo". Other ideas and inspirations from: Bunny Zoe's Crafts - April Challenge "Favourite Colour Combo"Ribbon Girls April Card Challenge "Flowers"Dream Valley #54 "Happy Birthday"Avenue613 #14 "Anything Goes Spring Fever"Stamp and Create April Challenge "Use At Least 1 Die Cut"Melon Headz Friends "Make It Girly"Kaboodle Doodles #166 "Use Any Shade Of Pink"House Of Gilli #51 "Anything Goes With Flowers and /or Ribbon" and Crafty Bloggers Network #10 "Anything Goes".






That's all from me today. Thanks for stopping by. I'm off to catch up on some visiting...so I might just see you around! Have a productive Monday, my friends.

Beijinhos!


Blogged to 
Kit Kat and 
This takes me back...way back!

32 comments:

  1. Fabulous card for your friend Asha, I'm sure she'll love it. We are always 'girls' no matter what age we are! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's been a while but I'm enjoying catching up on your crafty endeavors Asha. This is a beautiful card and I love the stitching. Your friend will love it! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plain?! Nope, I don't think so!! It's absolutely STUNNING!! I adore that added stitching and your lovely papers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is lovely, Asha! I used this color combo on a card yesterday. Isn't it wonderful? I adore the papers you chose for your cardand your stitching is marvelous. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Asha! I love the soft colors and pretty image! Wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your stitching as always ;). Your coloring is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful papers, beautiful image, and lovely embellishments!!
    Yes, still 'girls'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card, I love the soft colors, Looks so dreamy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful! The colors are amazing and I love the simple layout.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully designed card love these colours.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Asha. I think that old phrase is true - you are as old as you feel. Sometimes I feel old LOL! love from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, love the pastel shades and the beautiful stamp. Thank you for joining us for the Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge.

    Sylvia
    Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card,love the image and fab layout.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very elegant and pretty card Asha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the stitching and the sweet colours, such a gorgeous card. Thanx for joining us at NMWC and good luck, hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Asha,
    I can't believe you just whipped this up-so much gorgeous detail, it would have taken me ages!
    And I say, we are girlies whatever age we are! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card , thank you for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful image^_^
    Gorgeous elegant card my dear^_^
    Have a lovely day,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's so cute! I love the flower stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely gorgeous Asha, very delicate and feminine and so elegant and chic too! Gorgeous creation Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty card - lovely colours and delicate feel, gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Asha
    Fabulous card... Love the flower stamp.....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG Asha - I love the "I whipped this up" - its beautiful. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning! Thanks for visiting us at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card Asha it looks so soft and delicate wonderful colours and design a super, super card.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a lovely card, Asha. Such beautiful, soft colors and a great feminine look!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  28. beautiful card!!! thanks for joining us at kaboodle doodles

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a pretty card, love the subtle colours used. Thanks for joining us for the Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge.

    Sylvia xx (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very pretty card, love the image, thanks for joining us over at the CBN Challenge this month
    Hugs
    Ang
    Crafty Bloggers Network DT
    My Blog: A Crafty Blether

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a pretty card!
    Thanks for joining us at No Matter Which Challenge this month!
    Hugs Annette

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful card! Thank you so much for entering our challenge over at Bunny Zoe's ♥

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...