Thursday, 11 April 2013

Birthdays are good for you...

Is it Thursday already???!!! Where has the week gone? I made this card very late at night on Tuesday, planning to post it yesterday, on Wednesday morning. Unfortunately I had a full day and by the time I got home it as well past 10pm. Still time to post...or so I thought. Next thing I remember is the alarm ringing at 5:30am! What??? So I ask you again (and this time with dramatic emphasis): Is it Thursday already?!

Before I get on with my day, let me show you this very simple card I made for a friend who will be 45 this Friday.....aaaargh! That's tomorrow!

This card measures 7-1/2" x 4". I just got bored with the standard sized cards. And since I will be delivering this by hand, size really doesn't matter this time.  Anyways, the sentiment seems perfect for someone who is dreading another birthday. 

The papers are from Papermania's Capsule Collection. The sentiment is from Chocolate Baroque's Birthday Words set, cut with Spellbinders Labels 18 die. The blue band - that's another beautiful border stamp from Chocolate Baroque's Indian Textiles set, stamped with Memento Danube Blue. To finish I added some pearls, sheer ribbon and lashings of Crystal Stickles.

On the inside I added an "abbreviated" version of the  border stamp and another greeting from CB's Birthday Words set.

I'm playing along with: Tuesday Morning Sketches #193ABC Challenges #23 "Pink, Green, Blue"; V's Sweet Challenges #10 "Anything Goes"; Creative Belli #167 "Pastels"; Bearly Mine Challenge #81 "Anything Goes" and Die Cutting Divas #110 #Pastels"

That's all from me today. Thanks for stopping by and please swing by again tomorrow for another PolkaDoodles exposé! Have a nice day and see ya soon!


Beijinhos!


21 comments:

  1. Great card Asha, love the sentiment. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, love the colour combo and what a great sentiment :-) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card Asha, I'm sure your friend will love it. The sentiment on the front is fabulous! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty!! Your friend will love it!
    I love the sentiment!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect card for your friend's birthday! Love the touch of sparkle and the stunning papers and layout!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sentiment Asha and a great card. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card - great choice of colours and a pretty fresh feel :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice card! Thank you for linking up with us for the linky party at http://diecuttindivas.blogspot.com/

    Robin
    http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the stripes! Great card. Thanks for entering it at the DCD challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Asha!! I love the striped and pretty border. Really lovely, your friend will be delighted with it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Asha, now its Friday!!
    Beautiful card for your friend, love the sheer ribbon. Hope you have a good weekend my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty card!! Great sentiment! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this style! So few elements, yet so decorative - really clever design!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh I just loved the sentiment on the outside! Hope your friend enjoyed the lovely card. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card and fabulous sentiment! Thankyou for joining us this week at ABC Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  16. Asha, Cute, cute! I love how you interpreted the sketch this week at Tuesday Morning sketches and how you added the birthday twist!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another beauty Asha - love the stitching. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Asha! Love the papers. Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another beautiful card, Asha! LOVE the sentiment!! I will have to find this one for my collection! Thanks for joining us again at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this. The sentiment is perfect. TFS with us at DCD

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love how you've fussy cut along the edges of that border - such an awesome detail! And that sentiment is fabulous :) Thanks for coming to play with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...