Friday, 12 April 2013

April Showers

Welcome to another Polka Doodles challenge. This week we are celebrating rain. Yep, you heard me. We will be singing praises of the rain, filled with gratitude every time the heavens open and we are drenched. Oh Joy! Why not channel all this happiness into a challenge.

So here's what you have to do: create a project (card, 3D, altered art, LO etc) inspired by April Showers. Your project should have some element related to wet weather such as rain clouds, raindrops, umbrella, rainbow, puddles etc.

I made this card for my friend, who spent most of this year complaining about the weather. Ok, so it hasn't stopped raining since March 2007 but that's no reason to grumble. Just to prove my point, I made this cheeky number for her birthday using a cute digi called Rainy Day by Emma Canning. Will she like it? Or will she raise a storm of protest? Only one way to find out!



The patterned papers are from Love & Cherish and Sugar Birdies CDs.

This adorable image is by Emma Canning, called  Rainy Day . I coloured her with alcohol markers.  I also added some raindrops and made her stand in a little puddle. It's not very clear om the photo, but I used SN marker in BT1.  With the blender pen I hit her brolly with great big blobs of rain. 

For embellishments I tied some lace into a knot and adhered some blue bling. 

And on the inside, a little ray of hope!

I'm taking my card to: DL Art #107 "Rain"; DRS Designs #65 "One Stitch as a Time"; Digi Stamps for Joy #64 "Anything Goes"; Lil' Red Wagon #180 "Lovely Lace"Simon Says Stamp "April Showers / Spring Flowers"Stampotique Designers #95 "April Showers"The Stamping Chef "Girly Girl"Daring Cardmakers "April Showers" and Digi Haven Rain / Umbrella".

Now it's your turn. Create your  "April Showers" project and link it up to the Polka Doodles Challenge Blog. Thanks for stopping by and I can't wait to see your creations too!

Beijinhos!  

24 comments:

  1. I need this umbrella today Asha. It is poring with rain - but at least it has finally got rid of the snow! Hooray! Lovely card. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card,love the fab image and great papers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect image for the rainy week we're having! I really like how the lace bow complements the girl's frilly dress!
    Thanks for playing along with our LACE challenge over at LRW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could have done with that brolly today too lol - mine's broken :-) Gorgeous card hun - I love the colours you've used and the cute raindrops - so pretty, Em x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute, Asha! Great color combo and an adorable image! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Asha - love the colours. Great minds think alike on the image LOL! Love it. Have a great weekend. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just popped over from Stampotique to check out the details on your challenge submission. Such a sweet image and so beautifully colored! This cheery card will be well received!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this cheerful card Asha, the image is cute and colours are gorgeous. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable!! I love your design and sweet image!! Reminds me of dancing in the rain when I was a child!! :) Thanks for sharing your joy!! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully creative. Great design, colour and attention to detail. Thanks for sharing your talent with DS4J. Good luck. Hugs Desíre  {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}  {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute and lovely card.
    Thanks for join us at Digistamps4Joy.
    Hope you join us next time.

    Greetings karin DT member

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/04/52-card-pickup-215.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun design, Asha - love all the patterns on your papers! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun is this one Asha!! Love the dots, just perfect to go with the cute image :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is super cute. I love your papers with this darling image and the stitching is the perfect touch. Thanks for joining us at DRS Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Had to laugh about the story behind the recipient of the card ; D. The image is just too perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's so sweet! And I like the way you continued the style of your card on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wouldn't mind the rain at all if it was warm enough to wear such a cute dress =).
    Nice card. Thanks for taking part in the Daring Cardmaker's "April showers" challenge

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card, I really like that sweet image! Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute.... Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's challenge this week.
    Best
    sarinda

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card,love the stitching.Thanks for joining the DRS designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  22. She's adorable and I love that you decorated the inside too :) Thanks for playing along at DRS Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. SO cute, Asha! Great coloring and I adore that sweet image! Thanks for joining us at Digi Haven! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...