Monday, 11 March 2013

With Love

It's my cousin's wedding anniversary in a couple of weeks and I usually find myself either making or buying a card 3 days before when it takes the card  about a week to make the journey across the Atlantic. So here I am, 14 days ahead of time and this is uncharted territory for me. What do I do now? Pop it in the mail immediately, sit on it for 10 days and then spring into action...or blog about it and then take my own sweet time mailing it? We'll see hat happens tomorrow, but for now let me show you what I made:


Im using papers from  Studio 12 PickNix Collection 1 by Polka Doodles. 


It's a simple card. My cousin isn't into fussy designs. I'm using some cream lace and pink ribbon. That huge bloom is by Prima. 


The sentiment is from WMS Fancy Phrases, stamped in Memento Rose Bud.  For cutting and layering I used Spellbinders Labels 4 and Labels 18. I did some inking with TH's Tattered Rose, Antique Linen and Vintage Photo. And finally 3 pink pearls to seal the deal.


On the inside I stamped another sentiment from the same WMS set, using the same ink. 

For this card, the sketch is from Mojo Monnday #284 and ideas and inspirations came from The Shabby Tea Room # 157 "Oh So Pretty In Pink"; Simon Says Stamp "Chic to be Shabby" and Artistic Inspiration #32 "Flowers".













Thanks for dropping in for a look-see. I'll catch up with you guys tomorrow. Have a great Monday y'all!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:

17 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Asha :) love the papers huggles hun Sue J xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Asha, now I know I really need that PD CD - I'm sure they'll love their card - make sure you post it tomorrow lol! Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a pretty card Asha, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card, I love the paper and your stitching is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at The Shabby Tea Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is so pretty Asha. Wonderful design with gorgeous papers. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card Asha! Get it in the post tomorrow because if you are like me you might then forget about it and miss the darn date!! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Asha, great minds think alike, I only put the same paper through the cutter for a card...it's pretty and love your card.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Asha, love the soft pinks and the gorgeous big flower. My advice, send it now, remember Xmas and the turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply wonderful card my dear ^_^
    Gorgeous papers^_^
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous use of the inspiration photo, Asha! I think your card captures the grace and delicacy. Love that lace you used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful!! Lovely detail that's understated enough it will please your cousin!
    I have a terrible tendency to send everything late, so go for it and get it there on time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card - love the flower and papers. What a lovely sentiment on the inside too:-) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adoro questa card!!!!

    te lo dovevo proprio dire: è favolosa!!!

    …che poi, in genere, non amo i fiori grossi sulle card, ma questa è splendida!!!!

    complimenti asha!!!!

    bacioooo

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Asha...your card is so pretty; so feminine and shabby chic. I love the pink and white color palette. The polka dots are wonderful! Your machine stitching really is a nice touch as is the bit of green in the narrow matting that you've used. It's a very nice design! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh My Dear Asha, your cards are always so pretty. You have again made some lovely choice in design. Gorgeous sweetie! Thanks for joining in my other teams challenges at Artistic Inspirations this week. P.S. check out entry # 6! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww this is too cute! Just the right amount of frill ;). Your cousin will sure love this.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...