Friday, 15 March 2013

The Joy of Easter

It's Friday and time for another Polka Doodles challenge. This week's theme is "Easter" - the perfect excuse to make another seasonal card to add to your stash.  

My Easter offering for this week's challenge is made entirely with papers and image from the Cherryblossom Lane CD. I'm totally in love with this CD - everything in it is irresistibly pretty. Add to that Nikky's flawless colouring, this is the go-to CD for all your spring projects. 

Here's my card:

The patterned papers are from PolkaDoodles Cherry Blossom Lane CD. I punched the edge for a softer, more girly look.  

I'm planning to send this card abroad, so everything is stitched down flat! I also kept the embellishments to a minimum: some purple gingham ribbon and a couple of purple pearls for the sentiment.


Meet the real star of this project: Maisie. Isn't she adorable? This is a pre-coloured image of Maisie and I'm using Spellbinders Classic Oval dies for cutting and layering.

This is the inside. I tied  little bow and adhered it in front  of a bunch of tulip.


So that's my Easter creation for this challenge. Thanks for  stopping by. Now it's your turn. You don't have to use PolkaDoodles stamps or papers but if you've got them why not flaunt them. There is a risk you might win some PolkaDoodles stash. Are you brave enough? Well then, head on over to Polka Doodles Challenge Blog and  link up your project. For ideas and inspiration, my DT sisters have plenty on offer. So what are you waiting for? Get crafting!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Honey roasted nuts (I will regret this!) and

19 comments:

  1. Cute bunny card. Thanks for joining us at CCT.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card love your image and your card design. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Easter card Asha, inside and out. Lovely design using this cute bunny. Very impressive sewing, especially around the oval...it's flawless! Have a good weekend. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card and can't wait to get mine done, as you know it's busy busy and I haven't had much time last 48hrs with my dad it's been full on. But I am going to win this challenge this time...luv aNNIe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Easter card, Asha! I love the soft colors and cute image! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a real cutie Asha, love it. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card Asha - love the design and the colours:-) TFS and have a fab weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute and lovely spring colours - can't believe how early Easter is this year and not that far away too now! Thank you for the lovely comments you've been leaving me hun - I've not been able to start replying until today - so am spending most of my day 'catching up'! Have a fab weekend Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute Asha and I love nuts of any description!!! cant wait to go to the craft fair tomorrow I'm like a kid waiting for Santa to arrive!! lol huggles hun Sue J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Easter bunnie Asha! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Card Asha i love the bunny!!! xxx Lidia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/03/52-card-pickup-211.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love everything about this card from the wonderful image to the dainty punched side and of course the stitching ;). You have a knack for adding just the right touches! Well done my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi my dear friend,your card is just gorgeous ^_^
    I like the details and the beautiful image^_^
    Big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very adorable card, love the image you used. Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again.
    Hugs
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. realy cte card love the soft colours, Thanks for joining us at sincerly yours creations x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Asha what a delightful Easter card I do have a particular fondness for bunnies and this one is gorgeous, the colours and card design look ACE.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, Asha, that's such a delightful image! Wonderful paper choices and so perfectly matched to the incredibly soft coloring of the image. Hard to believe it's pre-colored. Love the purple gingham ribbon. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful stitching details with your sweet image, lovely card! Thanks for sharing your creation with us @ CTO for our "Spring is in the Air" Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...