Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Space Adventures

Welcome to another Tuesday Throwdown challenge. And this week we have a fun theme for you: Space Adventures. This is so perfect for any little boy and I think my young nephew will love the card I made for his upcoming birthday... provided he is still into spaceships and alien.  (And they call us fickle!)

Our sponsor for this Challenge #139 is My Grafico and they have generously provided the DT with some of the cutest images to use on our cards. I'm using images from the 3...2...1...Blast Off set. And it's not just for boys, there's also a little girl in a space suit. How cool is that?!

Take a look at my finished card project for this challenge:


The patterned papers are from Bo Bunny "Blast Off" 6x6 pad.

Since this is a boy-card, I did not feel pressured to dress it up. So, all I have is a label for the greeting and some blue twine. Because this card has it's own journey to make, I'm keeping it as flat as possible, thereby dispensing with my addiction to foam tape.

 I coloured him with SN markers and chucked some Crystal Stickles in the background... distant stars! 

On the inside I continued with a sentiment from the same WMS set and threw in that darling little alien.  

There you have it - a card to thrill any young man.

In the meantime, I'm taking my card to the following challenges: Here Come the Boys #48 "Photo Inspiration"; No Matter Which Challenges #7 "Anything Goes"; Pile It On #11 "Circle and / or Square"; Stampin' For the Weekend "Child's Play"; Crafty Ribbons #41 "One For the Boys"; Can You Digi It #31 "Male Birthday";  Little Miss Muffet #56 "Boys Only"; Delightful Challenges "Here's One For The Boys" and Ooh La La Creations "It's A Man Thing.






Now it's your turn. Show us your creative efforts and link it up with Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #139.  Remember, the theme is Space Adventures. But first, why not visit my fellow DTeamies and they'll get your creative juices bubbling in no time!  Kim SherrodCarol GillCeal PritchettDavi ReidJoyce LoftonJulie WellsNana Connie and Sally Dube

That's all from me today. Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to visit your blogs.

Beijinhos!

Blogged to:

26 comments:

  1. What a fun card, Asha! Love the bright papers and the cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asha a totally delightful card with the great dps to go with your cute little guy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really awesome. Love the layout and the paper that you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great "out of space" themed card! I do like the front, and the inside of your card is so pretty it would actually work perfectly as a front of a CAS card too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a super - great little boys card. Love the robot and the little alien!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Asha this card is absolutely gorgeous !! huggles hun Sue J xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this cute little card. My son would just adore it! Zx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really cute alien and what a gorgeous card. thank you for joining us at Here Comes The Boys. hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fun boy card!! I love the little alien on the inside!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super fun card and I love inside alien as well. Your DT Sister at Tuesday Throwdown

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your spaceman Asha! Great boy card. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally loving this card!
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons...
    don't forget to pop over to craftyribbonsinspiration.blogspot.co.uk
    to find all the details for our Easter Hop and prizes!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing card, Asha! The images are totally cute and your papers fit just perfectly. So cute! I also joined bloglovin and am learning to use it... It goes slowly but I think I will start to like it sooner than later! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww I love that cute image and the papers and design are fabulous
    Thank you for taking part in the No Matter Which Challenge this month
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great card. Love the monster on the inside too. Thanks for joining us at Pile It On theis week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a fabulous card, great image and lovely papers. I love the way you have decorated the inside as well.
    Thank you for joining us at Ooh La La Creations.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a fab card inside and out. Love the papers you've chosen!

    Hugs from you TT teamie!

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute boy card! I love space themed cards, and this one is just adorable!

    Thanks for playing with us at CYDI?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Asha, love the papers that you have used for spaceboy. Very cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. great male themed card the image is so cute and I love the bright colours Thanks for sharing with us at Ooh La La Creations

    Alli x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely boys card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons
    hugs Anke

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE this card! Everything is so perfectly fabulous! I love the "distant stars," in all their sparkling awesomeness.
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  23. adorable card, perfect for a kid. thanks for playing with us at Pile it On and Stampin' for the Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great card, I love the little alien on the inside hehe Thanks for joining in with our challenge at HCTB's, Good luck, hope to see you next time, Mandz xox

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome card for a Boy ! Love the Theme and the papers match so well! Thanks for joining us at NMWC and hope you have a lovely Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fab creation for our Picture Challenge at Here Come The Boys! Good Luck with your entry! Woo x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...