Thursday, 21 March 2013

Rejoice!

Hello again, my crafty cronies. Time for another blog post and this time I want to show you an Easter card I made for our parish priest. I didn't want to make him a cutsie card with eggs, bunnies and the usual Easter fare. A modern twist on something traditional is what I had in mind. So, like Winnie the Pooh, I said sat down, scratched my head saying "think, think think " and came up with this card. The sketch is from Tuesday Morning Sketches #190 and the colours are from Colour Q #181.















The patterned papers are from PolkaDoodles Sugar Birdies  

The crosses are dies from Spellbinders Crosses Two. I used 3 dies and layered them. To cut the background I used the largest Labels 4 die and did some inking with Memento Cantaloupe. I added a blue bling in the centre...had to! 

I succumbed to my foam tape addiction but I'm using the 1mm tape...nice and thin. 

On the inside I stamped a sentiment for Verve's Everlasting Life set, with Memento Danube Blue.

I'm also playing along with Sweet Stamps Blog #109 "Crosses"; Word Art Wednesday #72 "Uplifting Sentiment"; Cards in Envy Theme Challenge "Paper Strips Instead of Ribbon"; Creative Card Crew#32 "Masculine"; Ruby's Rainbow Challenges #50 "Easter"; Simon Says Stamp "Spring / Easter" and Bearly Mine Challenges #78 "Anything Goes".    

I have a little confession. You know that I've moved to Bloglovin' and I'm still trying to work out the what-how-why of this new reader. Following the handover, I ended up with over 700 "unread" posts...most of which I have read. I tried going through it, visiting and leaving comments but with more posts being added daily there was just no catching up. So, out of sheer frustration, I marked all as read! <gasp>. I just want you to know that I'm not ignoring your posts on purpose nor have I forgotten my blog buddies. I'm just hopeless at new fangled technology. Usual commenting will resume shortly.

Thanks for stopping by. It's almost the weekend and I am so ready for it. What a week it has been...

Beijinhos!      


Blogged to:




33 comments:

  1. Beautiful card I wish I had the dies I want to make the nuns a nice card they come here every Sunday to visit us and give us all communion. They are from Vietnam and lovely young nuns...may look into a stamp or svg file I think...but do love this..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colors. Thanks for playing at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. I love your color scheme. So sunny and bright.

    Thanks for joining us in our masculine challenge at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. He will love the card, stunning work.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Your card is beautiful even more so on your blog than on WAW I saw it on word art Wednesday
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely! I like the combination of colors on this card, perfect for spring, and I think you did a really great version of the sketch - nice layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Asha, I love this set of crosses because they are so versatile -
    Christening, Easter Sympathy etc. I love the banners behind. Great card. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, Asha! I love the colors and the layered crosses!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love these spellis so much!
    wonderful card and so inspiring!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Asha - this is a stunning card and very appropriate for your parish priest. Love it!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning and beautiful card, Asha! I love how you did the paper strip ribbon banners and the cross is awesome! Thanks for sharing this with us at Cards in Envy!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Asha! Your cross is absolutely stunning. It has depth and great color, and really stands out on that amazing background. Great job! Thanks for sharing with us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous card! I love the layered crosses and the stitching! Beautiful verse on the inside, too!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card and scripture. Thanks for joining us this week at WAW.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous...so appropriate to give your priest at
    Easter...I am ashamed to say that I have never given my priest a card! Hangs head in shame...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh what a beautiful Easter card its perfect. I marked all my blogs read to begin with on bloglovin too

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful Easter card. I am sure he will love it. Thanks for joining us at Rubys Rainbow xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card Asha fabulous colour's thank you for joining us this week at Bearly Mine Challenges
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful card. Truly fitting for your priest at Eastertime

    Thanks for joining us at The Creative Card Crew for our masculine challenge

    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I ADORE this card!!!!! I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/03/52-card-pickup-212.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely Easter card, Asha, lovely design as well! thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is beautiful Asha, the colours are gorgeous.
    I've made a start grouping the blogs I follow on Bloglovin - it makes things more manageable. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your Parish Priest will love receiving this card! So many wonderful details and layering. Wonderful color choices and great stitching. Fabulous card! Thank you for joining us at Cards in Envy! ~ Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  25. The way you layered the crosses, along with that color scheme and sketch, made for a glorious card. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card Asha! Thank you so much for playing along with this week's colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card Asha! Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful card- the colors are so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh Asha! This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colors, so bright and happy and the layering on that cross. Wow! Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is why I'm dreading a switchover to a new reader - I feel like I only just figured out Google Reader :( And I *suck* at new computer stuff.
    I can TOTALLY picture your "think think think" moment - that made me smile! I love how gorgeous this card is - and perfectly suited for a man :) So happy to have you playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Loving your color combo and the elegant lay-out. Thanks for blessing us with your artwork at Word Art Wednesday. God bless, always!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...