Saturday, 30 March 2013

Poppy's card

Goood morning, my friends. I'm back this Holy Saturday to show you a card I made for my friend. The lovely image for the card is from the new Limited Edition Mini CD "Fredericka" by PolkaDoodles. I have no idea why Nikky is calling it Mini because it is bursting with 10 digi characters, each in colour and B&W for you to colour. You also get loads of sentiments and over 100 digi backing papers. Wow!

For my card I'm using this image called "Poppy". She is one of the 10 gorgeous digis from this CD. These images are sophisticated yet versatile and perfect for grown-up feminine cards.

I made this card for my dear old friend Penélope, affectionately known as Poppi. It's a haunting reminder of how young and fresh we used to look 30 years ago! LOL. Poppi now lives across the pond in San Francisco where she is known as Poppy! What a difference a letter makes!


In keeping with the season, I used light and breezy spring papers by PolkaDoodles. Poppi loves spring and used to walk about with flowers in her hair. 

I coloured the image with SN and Promarkers.  My friend, Poppi, is blonde, has blue eyes but her eyebrows are not white...not yet, anyway! I forgot to do the eye-brows!!! Yikes! I only just noticed it NOW. I'll fix it before I mail the card. For her necklace I used Kuretake Silver pen.

I fussy cut the image and adhered it to the card with some thin 1mm foam tape, for the slightest hint of dimension. For embellishment I have buttons, twine and some lace.

On the inside I used some the the lovely daisy and yellow gingham papers and adhered a little yellow bow.

I'm taking this card to: Brown Sugar #35 "Flowers";  Crafts 4 Eternity #117 "Cute As You Like"Creative Corner #12 "Anything Goes"Sweet n Sassy Digis #98 "Think Spring"Spark Your Creativity Now #7 "Anything Goes"Digi Haven "Spring" and Jelly Park Challenges "Pretty Pastels". Don't forget to check out Make It Monday #134 - some great projects on display!

That's all from me today. Don't forget to take a peek and this new Fredericka Mini CD. There are loads of other crafting goodies in the Polka Doodles online store and postage is FREE worldwide. That usually seals the deal for me!

Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a Blessed and Joyful Easter.

Beijinhos!

18 comments:

  1. happy easter Asha
    these images are fun to colour ...I tried this one but didn't do as good a job as you...I need more practice....hugs ...Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Asha - love this image. It's next on my list to colour:-) Enjoy the rest of your weekend - Cadburys Cream eggs and all ;-)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, so love that image, the flowery paper is fab too, thank you for playing along with us at Brown Sugar this week, good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Asha

    What a lovely card. Nice flower paper that you have used. Love how you have done the inside nice idea.

    Good luck.
    Thank you for joining us at Brown Sugar this week.
    Traceyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Asha I love that paper its delicious huggles hun have a fab weekend Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty!! I'm sure your friend will love it!!
    (Glad I'm not the only one who notices the "oops" after it is photographed!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Asha! I love the sweet image...we all still look like that inside right?? Sure your friend will love it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful creation!
    Thank for visiting my blog and joining it ^_^
    HAPPY EASTER to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG what a lovely card! Thanks for the heads up on the CD - I'm goinnnnggggg shoppppinggg! ;) Have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card! I really like the daisy paper! Thanks for playing along with Sweet n' Sassy Digi Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card and cute girl! Thank you for playing with us at Crafts 4 Eternity!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Asha, [love the bit about the eyebrows..lol..]fabulous image and love the papers...

    Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a gorgeous creation...so sweet
    thanks for taking part at Creative Corner Challenges this week
    Love Mel

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so cute! Saw it on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely bright and cheerful blog, great card love all the stitching, so much work has gone into it. Thank you for sharing with us over at jellypark friends. Mel :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute. I love that image. The background papers are just perfect. Saw this card on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Asha - I saw your card on Make it Monday - This gal is a great digital and you did a wonderful job on coloring her. I like the shading on the blouse. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...