Monday, 18 March 2013

Mon Amie

In about 15 mins, Monday will be history. I'm going to go ahead and post my MojoMonday card without the customary chit-chat . Here it is, folks, my spring-feel card for a dear friend:

The patterned papers are from My Mind's Eye "Pretty Please" 6x6 pad. 

For embellies, some sheer white ribbon. Keeping it fairly flat so that I can send it off on its cross-Atlantic journey without upsetting the postman. 

The greeting is from WMS Fancy Phrases set, stamped in Memento Rose Bud. For cutting and layering I used Spellbinders Circles and Scalloped Circles dies.

After cutting and layering I adhered the greeting to the card with some foam tape.

On the inside I went for a simplified take on the card sketch.

I'm playing these challenges: MojoModay #285 - sketch;  The Shabby Tea Room #158 "Anything Goes"; Lacy Sunshine Challenge #4 "Layer It Up" ; Glitter & Sparkle #24 "Easter or Spring Colours" - I'm using spring colours; Craft Your Passion #154 "Ribbon / Lace" - I'm using ribbon and Challenges 4 Everybody #16 "Anything Goes".


That's all from me today. Thanks for stopping by. I'm off to bed now, it's been a long day. And I'm still recovering from a nasty case of food-poisoning. That explains my no-show over the weekend but regular visitations will resume soon. I also have scheduled a post for you tomorrow. Its time for another  Tuesday Throwdown challenge with a fun theme. I hope you'll swing by tomorrow for a peek. Until then, my sweet friends, I bid you good night!

Beijinhos!


16 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely card Asha!
    I love all the stitching adn the way you overlapped the strip of DP over the other DP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stitching and the beautiful ribbon -your friend will be over the moon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just lovely. Gorgeous colours and papers and the layout is fab.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvelous, Asha! I love everything -- paper choices, the color combo, the ribbon (WOW!), and the die you used to cut out the sentiment are all fantastic. Wonderful interpretation of that sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very lovely card. I like the way you used the corners on your card.
    Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
    xxx Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Asha - what a beautiful card - love the papers, the embossing and that gorgeous bow. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!! I love these papers and embossing and ribbon!! (Plus it makes me think of cotton candy! Yum!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful papers and lovely creation. Thank you for joining us over at Lacy Sunshine for our lot of layers challenge.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your stitching on this one, with the lovely bow! All of your work is amazing! Such talent you have. And you write a great blog too! YOur friend's pottery is really something. I admire one who can create with clay! Back to you---I love your comments and love your art!
    Manderly
    xxxoooo

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh such pretty colours, fab card,thanks for joining us at Glitter n sparkle x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty with the colours, stitching and texture! It caught my eye right away in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your pretty card with us in the Tea Room. Fabulous design! Love the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is great thanks for joining us at glitter n sparkle and good luck emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty card! Love how you have used the ribbon. Thank you so much for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody.
    Pearl x

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! Thanks for playing at Craft Your Passion this week!
    -Adina

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...