Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Inga the Bunny

Brand new challenge over at Tuesday Throwdown, my friends! Are you ready for this? The theme this week is "Lace and Doilies"... perfect for all kinds of cutsie cards. Our sponsor for this challenge is Robyn's Fetish - purveyor of all things adorable - and they have so generously given us some super-sweet digis to play with. I've picked Inga the Bunny for my card and she's showing you some egg-stra special love... chocolate love, I hope! Here's my card:


I decided to go with a 5" square card for my card. The patterend papers are from Fancy Pants' Summer's End 6x6 pad. The background paper features printed doilies. Cute! 


I used Spellbinders Classic Ovals and Lacey Oval for cutting and layering. In keeping with our theme this week I've adhered Inga on  a white paper doily which I first stained with TH's Antique Linen. Then, I used some white lace to trim the top and bottom edges of the card. My final bit of embellishment: 3 little blings for the centre of the flowers on the egg.


Here's a close-up of Inga the Bunny. I coloured her with SN markers. Inga is a fluffy white bunny so I used IG1, IG2 and BT1 for her fur. For her feet and nose I used PP1, PP2 and PP3. Very light suggestions of colour on her. I stamped the greeting with TH's Vintage Photo and inked the edges with TH's Antique Linen.


I finished off the inside with a little piece of doily stained with TH's Antique Linen. 

I'm taking my card to Robyn's Fetish Challenge #149 "Easter"; ABC Challenges #19 "Anything Goes"; Stamp & Create "Fur & Feather"; Lexi's Creations #85 "Easter"; Creative Stamp Friends #72 "Spring Colours + At Least 1 Stamp"(my greeting); My Grafico "Anything Goes" and Craft Your Passion #152 "That's Odd" (3 blings).

Now it's your turn. Use Lace and Doily on your creation and link it up over at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge Blog. But first, why not hop on over to my fellow DTeamies and they'll get your creative juices bubbling in no time!  Kim SherrodCarol GillCeal PritchettDavi ReidJoyce LoftonJulie WellsNana Connie; Sally Dube and Vicky Fortier

Before I forget... my Spring Giveaway is still on. Easter goodies up for grabs for my followers. Don't be late because it ends on Thursday, 7 March 2013 at 9:00pm GMT. Click HERE to participate.

Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to see what you do with our Lace & Doilies Theme. Happy Creating, y'all!


Beijinhos!

Blogged to:





31 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous creation from you Asha, love this bunny and it is so cheery....thanks for popping into my blog..xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Asha!! I just ADORE your creation sweetie!! Such amazing details here!! Now I didn't get the pleasure of seeing your inside and I love it with the peek of lace along the corner!! Brilliant idea my friend!! :) Thanks for sharing!! Have a happy day! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki*
    *My Blog* - Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Asha! I love the papers and the doily and the pretty lace! Darling image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, sooo sweeet, Asha! Love the blue eyes on the bunny. Lovely lace and that stitched ribbon for the bow is wonderful. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is totally fabulous! Love all the layering you have done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another wonderful Easter card, this time of the sweet sort! Inga the Bunny is really a cute one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute and pretty Asha. I love the all the lacy bits! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute and realy spring colours. Your card is beautiful. Thank you for joining at creative stamp friends.
    Hugs Elfi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Asha, I always adore your cards and this is no exception! The colors are so beautiful and I like the layering of doily and the bunny cut to oval shape. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Asha this is so sweet and adorable I love that bunny's expression, the colours and design are super,
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I've missed visiting you! So sorry for being MIA for a while. I promise to be better now that the kids' basketball season is over. I love the colors and layers on your card, Asha! And I am gonna have to check out this new (to me) place to get my digi stamp fix ;).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just adorable Asha. Love the lace too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well you are certainly getting ahead with your Easter cards Asha. I love this. The bunny is fabulous. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooo Asha I dont mind listening to a bit of Tim McGraw myself :) and welcome to Facebook!!! LOL this is gorgeous hun love the image and all your colours huggles hun Sue J xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Asha - so wonderful. Lovely papers and such an adorable bunnykin:-) I must start listing the colours I use too - always good for future reference:-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. a beautiful image and card well done, thanks for joining us a t Robyns Fetish challenge

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Asha, your card is just so cute, I really like how you used the doily and the lace. I like the inside with the stitching this was a nice way to finish your card off.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think I got caught up on all your creations since I last visited... they are all wonderful!!
    This is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What A great card you have made. Thanks you for joining us at the Creative Stamps Friends challenge blog.

    Hugs
    Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  20. Naturally an adorable card, all the lace and doilies look so gorgeous but freak me out a bit, I wouldn't know where to start!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sweet Bunny and embellishing. Like the front as well as the finished inside.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a sweet card Asha!! Love all your lace and that Bunny is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is gorgeous! The lace and doily is so pretty against the beautiful patterned paper and the image is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your card! That little bunny is SO CUTE! Thanks for playing with us this week at Craft Your Passion!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very cute, your doily and lace are so cute for this card. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, how cute! I'm so ready for spring now and Easter too! Beautifully done! Thanks for playing along this week at ABC Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely card teamie - those papers are just lovely!

    Hugs

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a darling card. Thanks for joining us at Creative Stamp Friend
    Hugs,
    Julie t

    ReplyDelete
  29. A beautiful card, a great design and wonderful colors.
    Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Stamp Friends
    Hugs
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your colour palette, it works really well, and that little bunny is adorable.

    Thanks for joining us Lexi's Creations.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Stamp and Create Challenge this month.
    xx,
    Mae

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...