Monday, 4 March 2013

Golden Egg

You guessed right! I made another Easter card...featuring an egg. Golden is just wishful thinking on my part!

How's it going, my friends? Good start to the week? We are having freezing rain and gale force winds now... the perfect start to March. I wouldn't have it any other way, would you?! 

Now, on to the card for my much loved Mojo Monday. I'm curiously leaning towards CAS (my way!)...don't know why, but I suspect the weather may have something to do with it. Take a look and tell me what you think!


I'm using 2 scraps of patterned papers - the larger piece is from  Crate Paper's Toy Box 6x6 pad and the smaller piece is from We R Memory Keepers Travel Light 6x6 pad.  I'm on the mission to clear out the old papers to justify buying more! For the background, I used a tiny floral stamp from Chocolate Baroque's Easter Traditions together with Memento Cantaloupe.  

I hoisted the egg onto the Spellbinder's Lacey Oval die-cut. It was supposed to frame the egg but the aperture was too small. So I foam-taped my egg over the ex-frame. Totally intentional. There's no such thing as a mistake!
The greeting, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black is from CB's Butterfly Easter set.


Here's a close-up of the egg. Not quite a golden egg, but close! It's from CB's Butterfly Easter set , stamped with Memento Cantaloupe, which gave a better contrast than Memento Dandelion. I adhered pearls in the centre of each flower. To finish, some Doodlebug twine in black and yellow.

Here's the inside. I did some stamping with the same tiny floral stamp... with Memento Cantaloupe.
I bet your beady little eyes zoomed in straight to the bottom left where I missed a couple of stitches. And yes, that was  totally intentional too! 


And don't forget my Spring Giveaway. You have until Thursday, March 7 2013, 9:00pm GMT to link up you blog. Go HERE for details.

That's all from me today. Thanks for stopping by and I'll see y'all tomorrow for my Tuesday Throwdown DT post. Wait till you see what my Teamies have made!

Beijinhos!
Blogged to:
Cappuccino, chocolate muffin and 


21 comments:

  1. Lovely Easter card Asha. Maybe March is coming in like a lion and going out like a lamb ... let's hope so! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Asha. Love your egg die! It was extremely cold here first thing but since 11:30ish we've had a lovely spring day - not before time! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello asher
    Fabulous card.....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Asha and perfect for Mojo sketch zx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Asha this is simply beautiful, I love that egg shape also the wonderful soft Spring colours, awesome creation.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Asha! I love the sunny yellows and the Easter egg shape! Hope the weather improves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO beautiful, Asha! You've combined such lovely yellow DPs and the layout is perfect! Clean designs really suits you:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so beautiful Asha, the lovely rich yellow and gold reminds me of the Faberge eggs - although I'd settle for a beautiful quality chocolate egg - yummy (not had dinner yet) lol! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So elegant Asha, gorgeous shades of yellow huggles hun Sue J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another fabulous creation Asha. I love the suttle colour to this one - its so spring like. The egg is fabulous with all the little pearl dots. TFS and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very pretty - just love the papers, the design, the scallop frame, everything is just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Asha, you are going a bit CAS!! I like it but the most stunning part for me in this card is the slash of black twine, it really pops and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning Easter card, love this whole creation. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, Asha! Loving all the pearls and the background papers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness this is stunning Asha!! Love those tiny pearls on your egg design and your stitching details too! :) Thanks for sharing!! Have a happy day! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki*
    *My Blog* - Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these DPs!! And the pearls on the egg! Fantastic card!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous...this is one elegant looking Easter egg!

    ReplyDelete
  18. very pretty card - love all three papers you've used! Thanks for joining our challenge at whoopsi daisy this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful Spring card....love the stitching and pretty papers. Thanks for joining us in the Shabby Tea Room!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is great love the colour thanks for joining us at platypus creek and good luck emma xx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...