Monday, 25 March 2013

Get Well Wishes

I know...I'm very late with my MojoMonday card. It's been that sort of Monday...you know, when everything that can go wrong, does. I'm glad the day's over. To help me heal I indulged in some therapeutic crafting and walked out with this simple get well card for a neighbour.


Going square with papers from Cosmo Cricket's "Togetherness" 6x6 pad. 

Flat as a pancake...almost Some foam tape for the sheet music and greeting .

The sheet music is from Chocolate Baroque's Music Fanfare set, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black.  I fussy cut it and inked the edges with TH's Antique Linen and vintage Photo. The greeting is from  WMS Fancy, heat embossed in white then cut and layered with Spellbinders Reverse Wonky Rectangles. 

And a simple message on the inside.


The sketch for this card is from MojoMonday #286. I'm also playing along with Avenue613 #12  "Aything Goes"; Challenges 4 Everybody #16 "Anything Goes"; Sentimental Sundays #147 "Stitching" and Creative Corner Challenges #11 "Layer It Up"

That's all from me today. It's been a long hard day but I'm glad I got this little card done. Off to bed in a bit... so behind on my beauty sleep... the cracks are showing! Thank you for taking the time to visit and I'll see you soon!

Beijinhos!



13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Asha! I love the color combo and the music panel! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Asha!I love how you put the music piece across. Hope tomorrow is a better day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asha this is gorgeous and simple. I could tell it was
    Cosmo Cricut paper they have a beauty of their own.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love the strip of music. The whole thing looks great. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so gorgeous^_^
    Lovely papers^_^
    Big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Asha - I love all the papers!! Beautiful colours. A quick question for you. You use a sewing machine for your stitching on your cards, is it just a standard sewing machine and what size needle do you use? Thanks, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! I like the combination of papers for this card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! Love the papers. Did you do the stitching by hand? It looks wonderful. Thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays. Hope to see you again next week.
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Asha lovely papers I've been having 'monday' kind of days everyday for over a week! LOL wish it would go away..huggles hun Sue J xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a fabulous Get Well card, its brilliant.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. bellissima card Asha. E come sempre resto stupita dalla cura che metti nelle rifiniture: sei bravissima!!!
    <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful job. Love the papers and layout. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowzers! All this talent floating in cardville.

    PS-I have blog candy. I'm giving away a $25 Etsy Gift Certificate.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...