Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Easter Escapade #2: Candy Floss Easter

I'm strapped for time today so it's going to be a quick show and tell. We are on to the second card in my Easter Escapade series. Today I have a sweet confection to share with you...think candy floss, sugar coated almonds and Chocolate Buttons ala Cadbury's. Here it is:

The papers are by My Mind's Eye. Instead of my usual 1/8" borders, I went for 1/4".... not sure if I like it as much.

I popped the image up with foam tape and for layering I used  Spellbinder Postage Stamp die. For added sweetness... chocolate buttons. Sorry if I mislead you but these are real chocolate button... not the ones by Cadbury's which I adore!  

Close-up of my basket of sweet goodies. The stamps are from WMS Spring Basket set, coloured with SN markers.  It's quite a busy, fussy card so I kept the colouring plain and simple.

On the inside I just had to throw in an extra egg for my eggstra special friend.

I'm taking this card to: Paper Playtime #5, Nana Vic's Challenge #4, Victorine Originals #54 and Papertake Weekly - "Anything Goes"; My Craft Spot #89 "Tasty Treats"; Whoopsi Daisy Challenge "2 Patterned Papers" and Just Us Girls - sketch.

Another card I want to show you is this simple one I made for a friend. She'll be featuring her awesome ceramic creations at a craft fair soon and I want to give a little note to wish her luck.




That's all from me today.... must dash! Thanks for taking the time to drop in. See ya tomorrow!

And oh, don't forget, my Spring Giveaway is still on and will close tomorrow on 7 March 2013 at 9:00pm GMT. If you are a Tatty Teddy fan, you cannot miss this giveaway. Click HERE to participate.

Beijinhos!


24 comments:

  1. Oh yummy! Gorgeous card - and you managed to make me hungry too.!! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good enough to eat Asha...lovely card and papers.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your use of the twine here girl!! Really pretty Eater basket design and pretty both inside and out!! :) TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asha these are both super. I love your Easter card it must have taken ages with all that sewing. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, Asha! Love the papers and Easter basket on the first! Great stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, yum! I certainly can see all those sweets. You card is just delicious. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my Asha you made me instantly crave some choccy LOL!! fab card love it hun huggles Sue J xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very much like Sue I now want a bar of chocolate - hopefully after dinner, even I can wait that long lol! Really cute Easter card, love the beautiful colours and cute image Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous Easter card - love the stitching and the papers - fabulous. What a lovely note card too - love the simplicity. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Asha you are doing really well with your Easter cards, these are gorgeous I really love that first one the image, papers and the stitching looks incredible, the 2nd one is lovely and earthy looking, super, super work.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I LOVE the paper stitching!! It looks so awesome! The twine on top and buttons on the bottom are a great touch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Paper Playtime!

    -Mee Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful design and fabulous coloring. Lovely card! Thanks for visiting and leaving the sweet luv.
    Hugs
    Berni
    berni46blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If those eggs are filled with chocolate, that would be a dream come true!! Your Easter card is so pretty. I love the great stitching and the stamp pattern borders and that beautiful baker's twine with bow. Super job on your Easter card Asha. :)
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards, Asha! Especially the first one - always love your stitching job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, Asha!! It does make me think of chocolate!! Cadbury's... yummmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both gorgeous cards, love the colours in the first one and I am not a chocs or cake lover but I so love sugared almonds! At last something we both like!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Easter eggs Asha and wouldn't mind a basket full lol. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love seeing all the Easter cards! This is so pretty! Great colors! Spring is almost here! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fun card with the sketch! Love the yummy colors you used~ Thanks for joining in with JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. BeAutiful Easter card ! Thanks for playing with us at Whoopsi Daisy Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous Easter card you have created, your colouring is superb. Thank You for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx

    Cards by Lady Anne

    Lady Anne's Challenge
    Lady Anne's Stamp Challenge
    Lady Anne's: NanaVic's Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic cards! The Easter spring card is adorable! I love the colors and the stitching looks amazing! Thank so much for joining us in the challenge at My Craft Spot!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very pretty! So glad you joined us at Whoopsi Daisy's '2 Patterned Papers' challenge this week!
    I have blog candy!! check it out at www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  24. What great cards! I especially like the Easter card. It looks fabulous inside and out! Such lovely paper too!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...