Sunday, 3 March 2013

Easter Escapade #1: A Manly Easter

Just a quick post for you my friends. It just hit me that Easter is but a few short weeks away. And I still have a quite a few cards to make, especially for our friends at church. So I'm thinking of doing things CAS ... my way, of course. I'm sure CAS practioners will cringe at my efforts, but you know what? It's too late to fret over details!

Much like my Holiday Bail-out series last year, I'm starting an Easter Escapade series. The cards will be 4-1/4" square, simple with minimum doo-dats.  I'm not sure how many I can make between now and Easter, but I'm aiming for at least 12. Let the race begin.


I used Craft Concept's Woodgrain folder to emboss the background.


That little bit of patterned paper is from Cosmo Cricket's Togetherness 6x6 pad. I also adhered 3 yellow blings.


The cross is from Chocolate Baroque's Easter Traditions set, stamped with Memento Espresso Truffle. I also added a yellow bling in the centre.  


Plain and simple on the inside. The sentiment is from WMS Spring Basket set, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black.

The sketch for my card is from Inkspirational Challenge #9. Other challenges: Aud Sentiments "Easter"; Challenges 4 Everybody #15 "Anything Goes"; 613 Avenue Create "Tic TAc Toe - Diecut, Stamped Image, Free"; No Matter What Challenges #7 " AG but must use a stamp / digi"; My Time To Craft "211 "Embossing"; Word Art Wednesday #69 "Anythings Goes with Uplifting Sentiment" and Paper Players #135 "In Stitches"

And don't forget, my Spring Giveaway is still on and will close on 7 March 2013 at 9:00pm GMT. If you are a Tatty Teddy fan, click HERE.

That's all from me today. Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed Sunday!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:

Jam Donuts and

30 comments:

  1. Great card Asha, can't wait to see the rest! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Asha, I love this, it is pretty CAS to me. The woodgrain is perfect for this card. And that cross is beautiful and the added gem perfect. Great to see you playing along with us at Inkspirational x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Asha, love all the stitching and the image. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Asha. Love the cross. Nothing wrong with my camera Asha other than a shaky hand lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This design is great for a male Easter card, Asha! The brown color is beautiful - great idea to wood emboss it, and I like the design of the cross too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cross is really gorgeous, and I love how you put everything together. Your card turned out great, and I appreciate that you have shared it in our challenge this week. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and please come back next week to link up again. I look forward to seeing more of your amazing art.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Asha. Have a lovely week. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Easter card, Asha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Easter card. The cross stamp is gorgous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Asha - what a wonderful card. Fabulous embossed background and I love the cross you have used. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, love the wood grain embossing and the Espresso ink is lovely. Thanks for joining us at WAW.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done! Thanks for sharing in No Matter Which’s *Anything Goes* challenge and good luck !

    Hugzzz

    Tammy, NMWC DT at Créations LaDiva :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, Asha. i love the way you do the insides of your cards!

    This design really works...you really focus on the stamp and the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Asha, what a great card for Easter. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great card, Asha! Love the embossed background, the image and the stitching! Have a great day! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous Easter card, love the embossing!

    Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great Easter Card. Thank you for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful creation....I would never be able to sew around a circle as well as this! Thanks for playing with my stitchy challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card! I'm sure your friends will love it!Thanks for joining us this week at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Asha
    Fabulous card.... Love the stitching....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Marvelous, masculine Easter card, Asha. Much as I love making Easter cards, I have trouble with masculine cards at Easter because all the images seem so cutsy or feminine somehow. I think your color choices are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Asha, this fills me with so much delight, seeing that wonderful cross image means more to me than eggs, to me this is what Easter is about. I love it.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a lovely card and fab theme, thanx for joining us at NMWC and good luck, hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous Easter card Asha, I love the texture the woodgrain embossing adds and the yellow and blue together are so soothing!
    Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Inkspirational & I really hope to see you playing along with us again soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is gorgeous, Asha! I adore the fabulous colors and I LOVE how you decorated the inside! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fantastic male card!! I love the embossing!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card, love the colors and how you decorated the inside!
    Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments!
    Hugs ♥ Sandra ♥

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the beautiful stitching, Asha! Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love this CAS design and the fact that it's not the "typical" Easter card or colors. Perfect male card which I have difficulty with! :) Thanks for sharing with us and playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create!
    Kathi
    Co-Owner/DT Coordinator
    my blog:
    http://kathiscreativetherapy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very Nicely Done! Thanks for playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create!

    Hugz,
    Chana, Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...