Sunday, 24 March 2013

Christmas Card Club #5: Colour on Kraft

Good morning, dear friends! Welcome to the 5th instalment of the Christmas Card Club offering. It feels strange to be posting a Christmas card on Palm Sunday...but there you have it, proof positive that we live in a topsy-turvy world!

This fortnight, our lovely Clare has the privilege of choosing the theme: Use Kraft on the Card. Sounds simple enough...but the execution was not so, at least not for me. I just could not decide on the colours...apart from the kraft element. In the end, I relied on this week's Colour Throwdown #234 for inspiration. Bit by bit, my card evolved into this:



The patterned papers are from HOTP's "Forever Christmas". The sentiment is from CB's Song of Christmas set, stamped in Brilliance Cottage Ivy.  I'm using kraft for layering and the scalloped trim.

I made a window card. For cutting and layering I used Spellbinder Standard Circles and Scalloped Circles dies. For embellishments, I have green bling and a sheer white bow. I did my stitching with white thread.

Here's the inside. The image is a stamp from Chocolate Baroque's "Christmas Song" set, stamped in Memento  Tuxedo Black. I coloured the bird with SN markers (GB 7, GB8, GB10, EB5, CR10).  Now that's what I call a krafty bird!

Here's a close-up of the stamped image. I used som clear bling in the centre of each ornament. On the branches I dabbed some Stickles Frosted Lace and Icicle for a frosty look. It's not really showing up well in the photos.

I'm playing along with Colour Throwdown #234; Amusing Challenges "Kraft" Christmas Stampin All Year Long #8 "Anything Goes"; Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #117 "3 of Something" - 3 clear bling; CHNC Challenge Extra - March; Drunken Stampers #120 "Birds"4 Crafty Chicks "Break Out The Circles" and Make It Monday #133.

That's all for today, folks. Thanks for stopping by today. Have blessed Sunday and I'll see y'all tomorrow.

Beijinhos!  


Blogged to:


38 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Asha!Now why didn't I think to use just a bit of Kraft? I made the whole thing from Kraft and I really don't like it!!! We've got so much snow that it feels quite normal to be making Christmas cards! Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made one entirely of Kraft. Eeeek! I don't look good in Kraft ... or purple bell-bottoms.
      Stay warm and cosy....and toast some chestnuts! xxxAsha

      Delete
  2. Love this Asha the design is gorgeous. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW - love this card - beautiful image and fabulous design. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for playing with us at CSAYL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Asha
    Fabulous card.... Love the Robin
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Asha you rocked it! This is so beautiful, love it Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya Asha this is totally fab!!! huggles hun Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for joining our Circle Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful!! Thanks for playing along with THE BIRDS challenge this week on Drunken Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really beautiful Christmas card! The image is lovely, I like the glittering branches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is just lovely Asha...think I need that robin!....hope you have had a good weekend hugs Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card and fabulous image and colouring Asha hunni.
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful window card. It's so right for Clare's CCC challenge and also for both of my CHNC challenges - thanks for sharing it - love seeing your lovely crafting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is so pretty Asha! Thanks for playing along with the Drunken Stampers challenge: The Birds!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! I love the clean look of it and the window makes it really fun. thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely festive card and it looks so wonderful with that great muted colour scheme :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

    My entries is #4.

    I would love to have you visit my blog,  My Art... Healing The Soul and become a follower.

    Hugs,

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the way you cut the circle out and made a sort of round window...it looks lovely!

    The bird on the branches is such a sweetie and the stickles on the branches makes it a great wintry scene.The colours look great and the inside is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, this is so lovely, Asha! Love the way you added the pearls to the snowflakes. Gorgeous color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning card and Beautiful colors.. Spotted this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card and images Asha. I saw this on MIM. Faye

    ReplyDelete
  22. Totally loving how you highlight this image both inside and out! I love the stitching and all of the fabulous circles. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card my friend...haven't been around much either been ill as well so on the mend and doing my 'rounds' xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning card Asha. So delicate and pretty. I love Robins! Zx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning card - there are so many wonderful details here - I love it! Thanks for joining me this week on my Amusing Challenges - I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful card my lovely friend,I adore this sweet image and the beautiful colors used^_^
    Happy week,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my, this is just darling! I LOVE that bird and branch! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Deine Karte gefällt mir gut. Die Gestaltung ist klasse.
    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei CSAYL. Liebe Grüße Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  29. Asha, thanks for linking up your beautiful card with Make It Monday this week. Love that fabulous bird image.
    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Asha, this is wonderful. I love the design and the image and the sentiment is fab.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Just the word Kraft sends shivers down my spine and i love how you have tied your bow. Saw you on MIM this week and hopped over for a closer peek. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a great effect, just enough sparkle. Thanks for joining us at CSAYL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is so pretty! I love the window you created! Thanks for playing along with us at Drunken Stampers! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow such a beautiful card Asha. Glad you enjoyed the challenge. Love and big hugs my friend xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is so pretty! Love the window! Hey, stopped by from Make It Monday - come see me if you'd like I'm #'s 5, 17, 133, 187, 215, 216 and 231! :)
    Hugs,
    Karen C (busybusyhoneybee)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...