Thursday, 14 February 2013

Thank you

Well, it's finally here. Valentine's Day. Time to pledge undying love, make over-the-top promises and pig out on too many calorie laden chocolates. Me? I could do without the high drama of ostentatious displays of affection as long as I have a generous helping of golden nuggets of Ferrero Roche...Low maintenance, that's me. So this Valentine's, as with all previous years I'm getting my ginormous box of bullion balls. One little snag... Lent has started! After much thought, here's my plan: devour my jackpot and then perform a suitable penance. Life of a chocoholic ain't easy.

I made this card to give a friend who sends me a yummy box of chocolates every year on Feb 14th, without fail. I love her and her chocolates and I want to say thank you for being such a thoughtful friend.



The patterned papers are from Fist Editions "Love Letters" 8x8 pad.


I cut the image using Spellbinders Standard Circle, layered it on scalloped Circle and Labels 16 die cut.  For dimension there's plenty of foam action!  

The image is by MelJen, coloured with SN markers.


For embellies I used some pink satin ribbon, tied in a simple knot. 

Here's the inside - a simple message.



The sketch for this card is from Tuesday Morning Sketches #185 with a Lovey Dovey twist and the colours are from  Colour Throwdown #229. Inspiration also came from Inkspirational #7 "Photo Inspiration" and since I'm using a MelJen image, I'm entering Challenge #7 "KISS - Keep It Simple, Stampers!" I'm also doing Tuesday Alchemy #50 "My Heart's All A Flutter", Crafty Creations #209 "Love and / or Hearts"; Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #207 "Put Your Heart On It" and Fab n Funky #158 "What's Inside"















And before I sign off, I just want to say welcome to my new followers:

Alessia 721 - A Casa de Ali
Zoë T - Stamping Scene
Coldwaters  -  Coldwaters 2
Edie Warren - Don't Tell Me You Made That
Hippieaud - Peace, Love & Crafting
Pia - Pia's Papir og Perler 
Donna Nuce - Crafty Colonel
UTs Hobby Time - UT's Hobby Time

These are talented crafters, so why not  pop by when you have a minute to spare.

That's all from me today! Thanks for stopping by. Have a romantic day, y'all!


HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

Beijinhos!

28 comments:

  1. Too sweet! Love how you colored the bear image. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a wonderful friend!!! This is such a sweet card for her!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Asha what a wonderful friend! I'm sure she'll appreciate you're lovely card a much a you appreciate her chocolates. Enjoy! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card inside and out. Love the MelJen's image. Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon. Good Luck in the challenge!!!

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Asha, what a huge bunch of flowers and so perfect for out picture inspiration. So are you going to get flowers and well as chocolates!! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational and have a great day my friend x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your take on that sketch, Asha, and that's such a precious image! Great coloring, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your take on the sketch is terrific Asha and I love that sweet little bear. Such a wonderful thank you card for your friend! Hope you enjoy Valentine's Day and remember what Charles Schultz said, "a little chocolate never hurt anyone" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute, Asha! I love the papers you used and the sweet image!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is darling!!! You did a great job coloring the sweet teddy bear. I love all the flowers that surround your bear. Nice job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, love the sweet bear...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is an adorable card with that sweet little image! Beautiful coloring too! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful card Asha, love the teddy image. Happy Valentines and enjoy the choccys - I got roses:-) (not the chocolate ones LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful. I love the cute teddy, gorgeous colours and the inside is decorated so nicely too.
    Thank you for taking part in the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge this week
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! That image is great and I really like how you colored the bouquet. Such a fabulous stitching job! So glad to see you at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Asha, this is just TOO CUTE!!! LOVE this darling image and I adore your coloring! Happy Valentine's Day, friend! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carissima Asha
    innanzittutto auguroni per il delizioso banchetto dorato che ti aspetta : mi sento completamente partecipe delle sensazioni che ti creerà ;D :D :D

    (noi ….. cioccolatodipendenti !!!! :D ;D )

    in seconda istanza , ma non meno importante, complimenti per la dolcissima card : mi affascina sempre vedere come da un LO semplice tu riesca a realizzare una card bella, equilibrata, molto rifinita e con dei timbrini splendidi.

    ti seguo sempre con molto piacere.

    Un bacione

    <3


    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my GOODNESS, this is such an adorable card! I love all the layers and that ADORABLE teddy bear. Thanks for joining us at the CTD. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sweet and cute for valentine. love the image.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sweet image and a great use of the throwdown colors! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is SO sweet! You've colored this teddy so beautifully, creating a look of really fluffy fur!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is way to cute!!Love the colors, and your coloring is amazing! The little bear so sweet, and I love the details (hearts, stitches) :)Thank you for joining Inkspirational this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty card. Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Asha, such a pretty card! I love how you used our sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a sweet and pretty card Asha, what a lovely friend to send you chocs, she will so appreciate this beautiful thank you card! I love that you decorated the inside so beautifully too!
    Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Inkspirational & I really hope to see you playing along with us again soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Asha, this is probably my all-time fave Meljen's image :) Love the flowers all in shades of pink, and the foam action? LOVE! Thanks so much for getting LOVEY DOVEY with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great colors and what a lovely way to tell your friend what she means to you. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is wonderful! I love all the layers, and your stitching is perfect! Love seeing your cards at TMS... thanks for joining us again!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a lovely, SWEET card! I'm with you regarding Valentines - give me chocolates, hold all the rest, I'm good! Love your signature "beijinhos" - I recognized it from when I lived in Lisbon for two years WAY back when I was very small and spoke Portuguese fluently. (Not anymore, sadly - it's such a lovely language.) But I digress. Your card is cute as can be - I love MelJen designs, and you've chosen such a cute one and colored it beautifully. Love your choice of papers and embellishments, too! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Tuesday Alchemy this week!! Beijinhos!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...