Monday, 18 February 2013

Silver Easter

Hello Monday! And guess what? I made a card! Oh yes I did! And to keep things nice and consistent, I made an Easter card. We're under 40 days away and I really don't want a repetition of  Christmas 2012. No sireee. Easter 2013 is going to be a calm and organised affair. Continuing my quest for serenity, here's another non-trad Easter offering, sung to the tune of my favourite Monday challenge.



The patterned papers are from First Edition's "Isabel" 8x8 pad.


That pot of flowers is from WMS Spring Basket set. The circles were cut with Spellbinder dies, I arranged them and then stamped the image with Memento Rich Cocoa so it falls in 2 of the larger circles. Then I coloured it with SN markers  BT1, BT2, BT4.   On the smallest circle I stamped a greeting from the same stamp set. You will note that my flowers are kinda hovering above the pot... that is what happens when you don't use your glasses! Shove the ol' vanity aside and put the darn things on before doing detailed work.  

For embellies I have silver card candis and silver ribbon.  Silver is so not an Easter colour....I never really understood that. I'm taking a stand here. Let's put an end to seasonal discrimination... it's just plain wrong! 

For sparkle and shine, I've got Crystal Stickles on the petals and Kuretake in Silver and bling to highlight the centres.  The background paper is also textured and has shimmery stuff.  

The inside.... plenty of room for my Pascal pondering! 

You've probably already guessed that the sketch is from MojoMonday #281. For colours and inspiration I turned to The Shabby Tea Room #154 "A Silver Lining"Crafty Cardmakers #85 "Blooming Images"Ooh La La Creations #124 "Sparkle and Shine"; Pretty Little Ribbon Shop #19 "Anything Goes" and Paper Playtime #4 "Sentiment Stamp".













So there you have it! Thanks for stopping by. I'm off to see to our dinner and I hope you see you tomorrow for Tuesday Throwdown. ..it's going to be a fun challenge... you'll see!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
M&Ms...don't ask me how many

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Asha! The backing paper is so lovely and the silver looks really classy -fits all festivities I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Asha love those papers love the whole layout of the card huggles hun Sue J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card - love the papers and the silver ribbon and candi goes fabulous with those papers! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful - love how you've added sparkle.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely amazing, Asha! GORGEOUS image and beautiful accents! Thanks for joining us at CCM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your paper and that lovely stamp! Your stitching is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room This Week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Asha!
    The sivler is so shimmery and I love the way you stacked the circles so your image would fit that way! I never would have thought of that...It looks so fab...I need to train my mind to think outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so very beautiful!! Thank you so very much for playing with us at Paper Playtime!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live the non trad silver, you rebel! The flowers look really great with the shimmer. So the cards are getting sorted, what about the Easter dinner or are you going to forget to order?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is beautiful, the paper is lovely I adore stitching on cards
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely Easter card which can easily be adapted for other occasions. Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another very elegant card Asha.

    Thanks so much as sharing with us at Pretty Little Ribbons Challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your use of silver on this card! I agree that colors should not be limited to a certain season or occasion, and you've created a wonderful project for Easter!

    Thank you for sharing your creativity and humor! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very lovely and sweet card. Thanks for playing with my Blooming challenge over at Crafty Card Makers this time.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, Asha!! It's neat how you used 2 circles for your image! I love these colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a very pretty card!

    Thanks for joining the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop Challenge.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! Love your take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty card! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  19. such a pretty sparkly card, so glad you joined us at OLL
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...