Friday, 1 February 2013

On Your Special Day

Hello, my friends! It's February, the month of love, romance ... and chocolates. Over at PolkaDoodles, the challenge this week is to create a card or project with Lots of Layers PLUS the colours Red and Pink. A brief like that just screams romance so I made a wedding card for a couple getting married in the summer...  3rd attempt for each. I hope this will be their lucky strike!

The gorgeous papers for this card came from the Sugar Birdies - the first ever Polka Doodles CD. The image and sentiment are from the latest CD called Cherryblosom Lane. Isn't great when you can mix and match the CDs so beautifully? 


The image is pre-coloured. It's so so beautiful, I just did not want to mess with perfection and  I put away my  alcohol markers.


Kept my embellishments to a minimum: sheer ribbon and bow which I stained with red distress ink and a couple of red bling from my stash.  I cut and layered the sentiment with Nestabilities dies.  For dimension I used foam tape for the image and sentiment.


On the inside I added a punched border and a strip of that lovely paper from the Sugar Birdies CD.

So now it's your turn. Link up your project over at the PolkaDoodles Challenge Blog. For inspiration visit the rest of the design team. We're a varied bunch with something for everyone. You don't have to use PolkaDoodles products, but it's a special thrill for us when you do. Go on and get crafty!


Rosie's News:  She's had her first dose of chemo (Carboplatine) on Wednesday evening and seemed fine, albeit a little short-tempered. By Thursday she had lost her hearty appetite and was throwing up every now and again. She's not her bubbly, robust self. Our Rosie is a big girl, weighing in at 64lb / 29kg. We have 4 more cycles to go and I'm praying she won't be too emaciated at the end of it.

Thanks for stopping by today. I'm looking forward to visiting your blogs to see your beautiful creations.  See you soon!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Hummingbird cake...oh yummmm and 





16 comments:

  1. what a sweet image! I love the lovely card. Thank you for playing along with TSC.

    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card I love your image and your card design. Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely card...That image is so perfect for a wedding card. i chuckled when I noticed the carrots dangling behind!!!

    The inside of your card is so lovely too.This is something i need to start doing. Not on my quickie cards but on my hand coloured or also on "special" cards. It just makes your card look so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a truly beautiful card its perfect for a wedding card. Inside is beautiful tood...I'll be saying some quiet prayers huggles hun xxxx Sue J

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Asha! Your darling card features the cutest image. Love how the carrots are colored! And wonderful layers and textures, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Asha - don't you just love that image - great papers and lovely ribbon. TFS and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smashing! I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week.

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/02/52-card-pickup-25.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card, and that bow is a great touch. I'm sure they will love it. :)

    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is sooo pretty! The image is great with just the touches of colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. red and pink-so dreamy, I haven't thought of that combo much before but I do love it. I love that heart paper and this sheer bow. You are really rockin' those Polka Doodles digis now!
    Hugs to Ryosie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous thank you for sharing with us at the Joanna Sheen Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, Asha! Love the bow. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Asha, thank you joining our Bingo challenge at Inky Impressions with your beautiful card

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ps. I have candy on my Paw Prince blog
    http://vicky-pawprince.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great designer paper and the carrots trailing the car. Thanks for sharing on the Belli Challenge for Rhinestones.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful design! Love the image, the sentiment, the whole 9 yards! Thanks for playing along with us at The Perfect Sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very sweet and lovely creation. Thanks so much for playing at Inky Impressions and The Stamping Chef this time!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...