Friday, 8 February 2013

Love You

Hello my friends. It seems like ages since I made a card to share with you. I have been bedridden since Tuesday all because my flu bloomed into acute bronchitis ... ugh!  Anyway, I'm glad to be home and in my own bed listening to my Rosie's rhythmic drone from across the corridor....home sweet home! My dear husband is waiting on me hand and foot and doing all he can to make me comfortable. So I'm going to milk this for what it's worth!

I made a card, my kind of CAS card, for all of you, to thank you for all the lovely emails and messages of encouragement and well wishes. I hope you like it.

No patterned papers. I used a piece of white CS and embossed it with Crafts Too Hearts folder. Then I inked the edges with TH Spun Sugar.  I adhered it down on the card base with foam tape. The heart and swan are from Nellie Snellen's Hearts Multiframe Dies. The card measures 5-1/2" x 3-1/4".


You can see the embossed detail here. The sentiment is from WMS Seasons of Love Tags stamped with TH Barn Door on pink CS. Then I used some pop dots to adhere the swan on the red heart. And finally I applied some more foam tape on the heart and sentiment  and adhered them on the embossed background.  I also laid down some sheer pink ribbon.  


You know me by now. CAS or no CAS, I cannot leave the inside blank. So instead of layering, I stamped some little hearts along the edge with Memento Rhubarb Stalk.

There you have it - a simple card for you. I'm glad I ventured into my craft room this afternoon. But I will be taking it easy for a while... doctor's orders!

The sketch for this card came from Tuesday Morning Sketches #184 and the colours are from 4 Crafty Chicks #128 "Red & Pink". Other challenges: Just Add Ink #152 "Just Add Hearts"; Paper Crafting Journey "Love" and Simon Says Stamp "Have a Heart". Swing by Make It Monday #127 for a crafty fix.

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great weekend and I'll see you soon with a DT post.




Beijinhos!



24 comments:

  1. I love CAS Asha and this card is no exception. Take care and hope you're back to full strength soon. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so elegant Asha, hope your feeling better soon hun and take it easy hugs Sue J xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous CAS card Asha. Hope you recuperate quickly. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asha - this is so gorgeous - love the embossing and those stamped hearts on the inside!!! Perfect. Glad you are getting better, but definitely milk it;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for playing our Red & Pink Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You rock...I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/02/52-card-pickup-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you are still struggling with this sickness!! Take it easy and enjoy the attention!!
    Beautiful card! I love that heart embossing!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous. Love the desing and the little swans.
    I hope you are better soon

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous CAS card, great embossing and gorgeous details.

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Asha I Love it! The embossed background is adorable and the swans to swoon for! But I have to say it isn't the inside that is the winner for me! Stay well my friend x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Asha, I'm here with one of my DT hats on! Love your card, it's so pretty and delicate. Sorry to hear you are so unwell hun - hope you get much better soon!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Paper Crafting Journey for our Love Challenge. We really appreciate it and hope to see you again hugs Karen P PCJ Design Team
    http://stampinginpink.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Asha this is simply beautiful, I love the clean and simple design the swan image is ACE so are the stamped hearts this is such a lovely card.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super pretty card Asha - I do hope you are improving and still taking it easy. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Asha. Love the sweet valentine's card. I really like the heart embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Asha, i love your embossing too! Thanks for using our sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a pretty card - and way to go, incorporating so many hearts on it! Hope you're feeling much better soon. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely card, love the cute swan die and the embossing. Thanks for joining in our challenge this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card Asha - I especially like the inside because it was unexpected!. Saw your link on MIM today.
    Stamping Shanni

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sorry you've been ill Asha, do hope your on the mend soon! Your card is lovely!! Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome texture...just love the embossing folder you used. Hope you feel better soon! The two swan add a beautiful elegance to your card. Great layout! Thank you so much for sharing your inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cute card!! Thanks for joining us for our PINK/RED Challenge this week at 4 Crafty Chicks :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous CAS card Asha, so sweet and I love the little hearts inside.
    I hope you are fully recovered soon :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card and colors Asha..Loz..... Visited from MIM...

    ReplyDelete
  24. ma quanto è bella questa card…
    mi fa impazzire !!


    … va a finire che mi comprerò la fustellina dei cigni così fingo di poter creare anche io cosine così meravigliose!!!

    Un bacione asha

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...