Monday, 11 February 2013

Life is Stronger

It's Monday and time for another MojoMonday card. I've started on my Easter cards because in little over 40 days it will be Easter. This year I want to get my cards out early, in plenty of time to reach far-flung destinations. Here's my card:


The patterned papers are from First Editions New Leaf 8x8 pad.


The sentiment is from Chocolate Baroques easter Tradition set, stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa.


For embellishment, a simple brown gingham ribbon and bow.


I kept the card simple because I wanted the sentiment to take centre stage.


The ornate cross is from the same Chocolate Baroque set. 


The sketch is from MojoMonday #280 and I'm also taking my card to the following challenges: Word Art Wednesday #66 "Anything Goes"; Pretty Little Ribbon #19 "Anything Goes"; Stamp and Create Feb Challemge "Spring" and One Stitch At A Time #150 "Anything Goes".

It's Caranaval / Mardi Gras / Shrove Tuesday tomorrow...the streets here will be teaming with merrymakers of every description. Hopefully the weather holds. We haven't decided if we should venture out and gawk at the madness, or stay at home and eat pancakes! What will you be doing tomorrow?




Thanks for stopping by, have a fun day and I'll see you soon.

Beijinhos!



Blogged to:

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sentiment love the words such a lovely layout too hugs Sue J xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous sentiment, papers and take on the sketch. The gingham ribbon is yummy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi asher
    Fabulous card.... Love it ....
    Hugs Sylvie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shrove Tuesday is Pancakes for sure!
    Your card is lovely! You are so smart to get them ready to go early! Love the colours and the design. The inside was such a delight.

    Other than club in a fortnight, I am caught up on Xmas card numbers for this month. I may take a break and get cracking on a couple valentines and then on to Easter as well. You will be my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is card is just gorgeous, and follows the sketch beautfiully. You've done a great job on this - inside and out. And I'm SO grateful and blessed that you would take the time to share it with us in our challenge this week. Thank you for stopping by, and have a really blessed week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Asha - love the papers and the quote! The inside is gorgeous too, love that cross. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Asha, this is a beautiful card, and lovely scripture. Beautiful DP.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Easter card, Asha! I love the papers and verse! I need to get going on my Easter cards, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card Asha. Great colour and sentiment. Best of luck in this weeks OSAAT challenge :)

    Jane OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marvelous Easter card, Asha, and I dearly love the sentiment. Great papers. I'll be starting my Easter cards this coming weekend. Thanks for the 'nudge' to get started. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Asha, I hope you are out joining in the madness but my guess is you are eating the sweetest pancakes you can make!
    I love the inside cross stamp on your card-the design is really stunning. Hope you are well my friend x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Asha I will be staying at home and biting my nails lol. Maybe I should cook some pancakes instead lol. Hope you do something nice anyway. Love your card, always love cards with a nice sentiment. The papers are gorgeous too and love that cross inside. Thanks for saying you'll miss me:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Asha, your card is gorgeous. I love the text. I had not seen this before.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Easter card. Love the stitching and details. Thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous!! I love that sentiment and the muted tones of the paper accent it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...