Monday, 4 February 2013

In Sickness and in Health + a love song

Remember those seemingly innocuous words? My beloved, apparently, has decided to take those vows literally. Friday night he was down with the flu... fever, aches, nausea... the works. And, like many men,  he needed full-time care with this life threatening illness. Come Sunday morning he was on the road to recovery. Unfortunately, it was the beginning of my down hill slide. By the evening I had a raging fever and could not move a muscle. To his credit, the man I call the barbarian, treated me with the utmost care...partly because I stuck out my bonny finger at him saying "You did this to me!"

I spent most of today in bed but the thought of missing my MojoMonday only made me feel worse. Late this afternoon, I dragged myself up to my craft room and made this card which, I plan to give to my dear, yet sometimes brutish, husband who takes his vows seriously. (At some stage I need to test the richer and poorer bit!). Here's my lovey-dovey card:

The patterned papers are from First Edition's Love Letters 8x8 pad. I love the pink and pale yellow combo on the papers. 


For embellishments I've got twine, sheer ribbon bow, some mulberry roses, fabric heart trim and pearls. It's not your typical male card, but my Conan actually delights in girly cards from me. And I'm only too happy to play the compliant wife... when it works in my favour, of course!


Love the delicate colours of those roses. The sentiment is from WMS 's Compact Sentiments set, stamped in Memento Rose Bud. For cutting and layering: Spellbinders Classic Ovals (SM & LG) and Lacy Ovals.


On the inside, I added that fabric heart trim but first I stained it with TH's Spun Sugar Distress Ink. 

The sketch for this card is from MojoMonday #279 and for inspiration, I turned to The Ribbon Girl February Challenge "Love You / Valentine's", Creative Creations Callenges #3 "It Must be Love" and The Ribbon Reel #46 "Spring Roses" - Yellow and Pink + Ribbon & Flower and Lace / Twine."













Speaking of love songs, I'm including one of my current favourites... and one that I've heard my husband hum with increasing frequency! Thanks for stopping by. Wishing y'all a great start to the week. I'm going back to bed. See ya tomorrow!

Beijinhos!

Blogged to:













   Here's track #9 from this album : So In Love
   It's just the album cover, over the song. Just hit play & listen.

22 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely card! I'm sorry you picked up the bug too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Asha! I love the papers and layers and sweet sentiment! Sorry you're down with the bug, too! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You managed to make an incredibly beautiful card when you didn't feel well. Hopefully you will feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Asha I do hope that you will feel better soon, I just have to say that this card is so very beautiful, those papers and embellishments look top notch, superb creation.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really lovely card Asha and so sorry to hear your hubby passed on his germs. Hope you get better soon.
    I know how you feel as my hubby did the same to me on New Year's Eve! When I told him it was his fault he looked very sheepish lol
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful - I love everything about your card! the colours, the layers and the simplicity!!! Thanks for playing along at Creative Creations Challenges! Hope to see you again soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was the grim reaper at the door for him then - men!! Sorry he passed it on to you though - hope you feel 100% soon. A fabulous card Asha, love the colours and great layout. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you feel better soon but this card is gorgeous Asha huggles hun Sue J xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a pretty card. Sorry to hear you are ill and hope you are soon on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, inside and out Asha. Love the TH dyed hearts. Hope you feel better soon. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is simply gorgeous - so soft and pretty!! Love the roses and the twine and sheer ribbon together! Beautiful inside and out. Do hope you are feeling better soon; and with each day grow a bit stronger and feeling back to your normal self. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty card...love the soft colours and the pretty gossamer ribbon!
    The inside of your card is fabulous too! Love that row of hearts.

    Hope he loves his card and hope you feel better soon!

    Crafty hugs

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the soft feminine features here. It's just a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, this is gorgeous...hope you have a fabulous week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Asha! Oh my! a beautiful Valentine card. The fabric hearts look pillow soft! So gorgeous! I feel loved just seeing the photos of your lovey card! Thanks for your kind words on my blog today, Asha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous card Asha, would be totally wasted on my husband! Hope you feel better soon. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the song! And your card is a perfect pink mojo Monday-and all done whilst poorly! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks like you have a wonderful husband and I hope you both are feeling better by now! What a beautiful card and your take on the sketch is gorgeous! Beautiful use of ribbon, twine and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful romantic card - inside and out! Loved reading your blog - mine got me too! Oh the things we do for love! That doily around the sentiment with those gorgeous flowers is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Let us know how the "richer, poorer" test goes! LOL
    Hope you are feeling all better soon!
    This is a gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a "lovely" card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Creations Challenge Blog all about love............
    I LOVE this.
    Make sure to join us twice a month for our new challenges. Look forward to seeing in our challenges
    Veronica DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous creation. Thank you for playing along this week at “Creative Creations”. I sure hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...