Monday, 18 February 2013

Happy Birthday!

Good evening, blog-buddies. Popping in very quickly to show you a card I made earlier today for a dear friend's birthday. I need to get this in the post bright and early tomorrow if she's to get it on time! So here it is:

The papers are from Basic Grey's "Sweet Threads" 6x6 pad. I layered the image  on some grey CS that I cut using Spellbinders Postage Stamp die.


I need to mail the card so it's got to be flat. No bulky embellies on this one.... except for that bow in yonder corner.


The digi is from PolkaDoodles Cherry Blossom Lane CD. This CD is chock full of gorgeous spring themed  digis, papers and embellies.  


On the inside, I picked sentiments from WMS Say It Loud set and stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black.  

I'm taking my card to the following challenges: Pink By Design "Birthday Challenge";  Shopping Our Stash #89 "They Say It's Your Birthday"Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings #66 "Spring Colours & Ribbon"Spark Your Creativity Now! #6 "Anything Goes"One Stitch At A Time #151 "Make It Girly"Challenges 4 Everybody #14 "Anything Goes"CD Sunday Challenge "Spring Is In Air" and Make It Monday #128 "Anything Goes".

So there you have it - a quick and easy card in a short and sweet blog post! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday. I'm off to bed 'cause it just past midnight here... and at my age every minute of beauty sleep crucial. Thanks for stopping by and I'll see y'all tomorrow! Nighty-night!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to: 





23 comments:

  1. Such delicate colouring Asha - I love how you create shadow and light. A very pretty card. Saw your link on MIM.
    Stamping Shanni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card....love all the stitching. Thanks for the lovely comment you left over my way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Asha .Softly coloured with perfect card design to frame this beautiful image . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday
    Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful fabulous card - love the papers and that is such a fabulous image to use. TFS and hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card and image Asha. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow this is really sweet!! I love the image and soft colors!! I know it will be treasured by the receiver! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous card. I love everything about it. Thank you for playing along with us over at Pink By Design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Asha, I love the couple, and the guy with the pipe!!
    I really like the font on that say it loud sentiment.
    Have a good day my friend x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card and another one I don't have but have been tempted. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet card Asha. I've a feeling I might have to drop that CD into my shopping basket! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very sweet card. I've not seen this CD before so thank you for sharing. Hope to see you again soon.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely card Asha with a cute image. Like the layers, even if they are "flat" layers. LOL! Unfortunately with postage the cost it is we all have to think of this which can alter what we would normally do with our cards. Have a good day. Christine

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely card Asha, like the stamp die you have used and i love Polka Doodles, they have some great CD's.
    sue-b xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, Asha! I love the soft colors and pretty papers! Very sweet image! I'm sure your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely card with gorgeous pastel shades and a sweet image.
    Thank you for joining us this week.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the image and colours,thank you for joining us at corrosive challenge blog good luck and hope to see you again soon.
    AJ dtm

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab card Asha its gorgeous I need that polkadoodles cd lol huggles hun Sue J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. A great flat card! The image is so sweet, and with the combination of colorful DPs no embellishments are needed!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute image and nicely colored. Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty. Love all the wonderful layers you have done!

    Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  21. A lovely card and another CD I don't have. Love your pastel shades. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sweet birthday card!! The soft shading on the image is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...