Sunday, 24 February 2013

Christmas Card Club #3: Tri-Fold Card in Traditional Colours

Welcome to the 3rd Christmas Card Club offering. Our hostess this fortnight is the lovely Debi of Debi's Joy and she has come up with an interesting challenge: Tri-fold Card in Traditional Colours. 

There are several ways of making a trifold card and you can make it as simple or as fancy as you wish. Of course, I went for an easy version. Partly because I'm feeling lazy... and partly because I want some mail-friendly cards in my stash. Traditional Christmas colours? Got to be red, green and gold...what else?! Here's my festive contribution... hope you like it!



My card base is red and the papers are from Bo Bunny's Mistletoe 6x6 pad.


This bauble is from Chocolate Baroque's Pears and Baubles stamp set, which I heat embossed using Versamark and Sticky Fingers Fine Metallic Gold EP. After fussy cutting the bauble I added some green bling and gold twine to dress it up. Finally, some foam tape to give it a lift.


My trifold card is a simple one, with the 2 flaps overlapping.  To jazz up the card,  I've thrown in 3 gold brads, red ribbon and did my stitching in gold embroidery thread.... it is Christmas after all!


On the inside, this is what you see under the top flap...



... and this is what you find under the 2nd flap. The greeting is from the same Chocolate Baroque set, stamped in Memento Rhubarb Stalk.


All closed up the card looks like this. I used Xcut's Leafy Lace Decorative Border Punch on the top flap.  



This easy peasy tri-fold card folds down well and isn't bulky for posting. The sketch for this card is from Tuesday Morning Sketches #186 and ideas came for these challenges: 365 Cards #52 "Fussy Cutting and Stamping"; Paper Crafter's Journey Bingo - Gems + Embossing + Twine; ABC Christmas Challenge: D for Designer Paper; Holly Jolly Christmas Card Challenge "Tic Tac Toe" - Designer Paper + Brads + Embossing; Crafting by Designs "Anything Goes" and Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra - Feb.

That's all from me today. Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed Sunday. This is a scheduled post, so I'll see ya when I get home!

Beijinhos!

34 comments:

  1. I love the elegant look of your bauble with all that gold, glitter and bling! The layout really works well for a Trifold card. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! This is fabulous Asha. Must try this at some stage. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunningly beautiful card Asha! And you have put so much work into it...gorgeous stitching, pp & just love that bauble!! Nothing lovlier than a glittery bauble! I will check out your links too shortly! Thank you for working on such great card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Asha
    Fabulous card..... Stunning great colours
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. The colours are fabulous and the ornament is gorgeous! Love the folds.
    Glad to hear the getaway is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Asha. Love that it is a bit different to the norm and that gorgeous bauble too.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! This is so beautiful. I love the ornament and fabulous papers. Great trifold! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! Thanks for joining CHNC extra challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, Asha! I love the papers and embossed ornament! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Asha...love the fabulous ornament with the beautiful gold embossing and bit of bling! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty Asha, love the papers and the embossed ornament. Thanks for joining us this week at Holly Jolly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this Asha, the embossed ornament is gorgeous. Love the papers too. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Asha! love those papers and the embossed ornament is really pretty huggles hun Sue J xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful card Asha. The papers are so gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, gorgeous card - and that ornament is just stunning! Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card - such a lovely response to Debi's CCC challenge and also for my CHNC challenge extra for February. I love that ornate bauble and how you have decorated your card inside as well as outside. Hope to see more of your lovely cards soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful Christmas card Asha! Love the tri-fold design and the papers you used.
    Sorry I've been MIA lately, a lot going on in real life. :(
    Hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning ornament and I love the fold you used! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Holly Jolly!

    ReplyDelete
  19. As always Asha - beautiful and oh so classy! Love that bauble, but I do like a lot of Glenda's stamps! Wonderful colour and love your take on it! Hope you are enjoying your break hun Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow!! Your card is gorgeous!! I love the embossed ornament!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Asha your card is totally stunning babe!!!! what gorgeous colours too and that bauble and gold embossing is lush. So fascinated with everyone's different takes on Debi's challenge. Everyone seemed to panic but there are so many variations and I managed to make a card that I have never made before!!!!. I do hope that you are enjoying your holiday darlin and can't wait to see photo's when you are back. Big hugs Clare xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Asha, this is a real wow card. Love the bauble and fab colours.
    I'm late as usual but will get there eventually.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a stunning Christmas card. Wow! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That bauble is fabulous Asha, must get me it!!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Asha - I'm here with my DT hat on lol! Now you know already that I love your card so will tell you once again. Gorgeous card, beautiful and very rich looking. Thank you for joining in with our bingo challenge at PCJ Bingo. We really appreciate it and hope to see you again hugs Karen P Paper Crafting Journey Design Team (http://stampinginpink.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely gorgeous, Asha!
    Thanks for sharing at 365cards!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG Asha this is absolutely beautiful, I totally adore the wonderful papers and design the tri fold looks great done like this, terrific card.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a beautiful card! Love the bright green and red. Thanks for playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. See you next time.
    Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  29. Asha, I love this, the gold embossing is gorgeous and this looks great with the added green gems. Love the little gold beads It doesn't look easy to me!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful, Asha! The gold is just spectacular and I love the way the card folds. That striped dp on the bottom is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous creation, love your colors and the image.
    Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  32. Stunning card and I love that embossed ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely card and sewing too! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...