Monday, 25 February 2013

Bravo!

Well hello there! This is going to be a fly-by post. A basket of laundry is leering at me... daring me to make a wash. How can I not call it's bluff?! As soon as I'm done here, I'm heading off to the river to beat some sheets.

Back in the 21st century, this is my 76th consecutive MojoMonday card. It's the one sketch challenge that I have played without fail. I'm going to see how long I can keep it going. But I digress. Today's card is for my choir mistress. She's having a concert next week and I thought I'll send her a note. And here it is:

I'm using up my stash. These are SU! papers from way back when. I think this is another one of my CAS My Way cards.; but my friend Sandie will have a thing or two to say about that bold statement! 

The greeting is from MS Fancy Phrases and the musical heart is from Chocolate Baroque's Music Fanfare set.
All stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black.  

For embellies I have 3 black pearls and ...

...  some yellow Doodlebug Twine wrapped around and tied in a bow.

On the inside I stamped the clef from CB's Musical Fanfare and the sentiment is from WMS'Compact Sentiments 2.

Here's the MojoMonday #282 sketch that I used to make my card. As you can see, I went with the square. Some of the challenges that inspired me: Sunny Stamps Challenge #37 "Whisper White, Daffodil Delight and Basic Black"; Whoopsidaisy Challenge "Add A Sentiment"Cards In Envy "Dots and / or Stripes" - just dots on mine; Love To Create Challenge "Wrap It Up: String / Twine / Fibres" - just twine on mine and Stamps + Fun = Creativity #140 "Heart" .




So that's it for this evening. I'll be on my way to the river now. Thanks for dropping in and I'll see y'all soon.

Beijinhos!

23 comments:

  1. Nice!!! I like the front with the paper with squares and music notes pattern for the heart, and I also like the combination of grey, yellow and white. The inside is beautifully decorated too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Asha, love the design. Hope you had a good weekend. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my. What a treat to see this card. Love the colors, the twine and the stitching. All done so well and topped off with a wonderfully finished inside. Thank you so much for joining us at Cards in Envy. I hope to see more of your talent on our upcoming challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh Asha this is a really lovely card..love everything about it ..so elegant..huggles hun Sue J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asha, this is gorgeous!!! I love it! And you decorated the inside of your card, amazing! Love the details in your card. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sunday Stamps! Hope you play along again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Asha what an awesome card and the inside is equally fantastic. I'm sure it will be treasured. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great CAS card using that sketch - just love the musical heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card Asha. Love the papers and the heart with the music. Love the way you have finished the inside with the treble clef - fabulous. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors and the sentiment. Thanks for playing at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Asha, I agree this is CAS, and a great example! Now you are showing off! I love the musical heart!
    Now go back to the laundry!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card and the stitching is so neat. Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful CAS style card. Wonderful colour tones. Thank you for joining us at Love to Create Challenge this week.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty card! Beautiful color combo!
    Thanks for sharing with us at SFC!
    xxx Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a wonderful card. She is going to love it.
    I think the inside is fabulous too!

    What a brilliant idea to make the heart from the musical paper!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you didn't get too wet down at the ribbon Asha lol. Love your beautiful card. I saw that sketch but wondered about it. You have made it look very inviting, gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect CAS card, so sweet and musical.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great take on the Mojo Sketch this week. Love the yellow and gray.

    ReplyDelete
  18. 76th card? You certainly have Mojo!!
    This is beautiful!! I love the musical theme!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this - inside and out. You did a great job with the layers and the black accents - but my most favorite thing is the music. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a fantastic card Asha and I love the paper choice. Great design and stitching too! Have a wonderful day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So many fabulous details on this card but I have to say my favourite would have to be the way you cut your flag - very neat idea! Thank you for joining in the fun at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card inside & out! The stitching detail is amazing. Your friend will love it. Thanks for playing along with us over at Sunday Stamps this week!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...