Sunday, 24 February 2013

Biker's Birthday

Good morning, my crafty cronies. It's time for another eclectic extravaganza and it's the Pink Team's turn inspire you. This week over at Eclectic Ellapu Challenge Blog, we're celebrating the men  in our lives: fathers, husbands, brothers, uncles, butchers, bakers and candlestick makers....  Our hostess, Clare, has decided that Eclectic Ellapu Challenge #18 will focus on Masculine Cards.

Cards for men... not easy for me. Boys are easier to deal with, but men?! But needs must when the devil drives, or in this case, when the biker rides. I made this card for one of My Mad Biker's riding buddies. Together, these biker-boys have dirty weekends away ... going off-road, rolling down hills, riding across streams and wrestling in mud.  Oh well, if that's their idea of fun, this is my idea of a birthday card:


In my stash I found this 6x6 pad by Paper Cellar called "Men's". I can't remember when I bought it nor the last time I used it. The stamp is by Prima Cling called "Craftsman", stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black. I also inked the edges with TH Dusty Concord.


Minimum embellies here: just some Black&WHite Doodlebug twine and black eyelets. I don't think he'll see past that cool bike, so what's the point, eh?


And here is the inside. I used a very manly black card base and very little white space on the inside. These are men of few words and of many grunts. The greeting is by Dovecraft, stamped in Memento London Fog and I also stamped the gears from the same the Craftsman set using TH Black Soot. 

I'm also playing with these fun folks: Broken Box Challenge #70 "Happy Birthday"; Card Makin' Mamas #It's Birthday Time"; Creative Corner Challenges "Brads / Eyelets"; and Aud Sentiments "Show Your Inner Sentiment".

Now it's your turn. Create a masculine card and link it up. For inspiration and ideas, visit the rest of my EE teamies. I look forward to seeing your man cards. Thanks for stopping by!

Beijinhos!




Blogged to:
Apple turnover and 


12 comments:

  1. Perfect man card, definitely not an easy subject! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous. I find male cards so tricky. Thanks for the inspiration
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful male card Asha. I just love those papers! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Asha, this is a really fab guy card and you are right they won't see past that bike! Great inside decs and love the sentiment. Hope your weekend is going good x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Asha - great colours and love the papers and the stamping!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Asha, this is a great card! I never would have thought to use purple on a masculine card but, this works! The inside is cool too! Yeah, I'm thinking guys like cards that are clean and simple and not a lot of fuss. You did just that and did it well!~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool card - I went the bike road too!! Love the stamped image over the designer cardstock, it looks fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card Asha - really like it's simplicity!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a guy card for the motorcyclist. Perfect.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous and that paper is fab

    thanks for taking part at Creative Corner Challenges


    Love Melxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card you have made. Thank you for taking part in the Aud Sentiments Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Aud Sentiments Design Team Member) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love masculine cards! Thanks for playing in our brads/eyelets challenge at Creative Corner Challenges and hope to see you again.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...