Friday, 15 February 2013

Believe in the impossible

Friday!!! Yay! 2 reasons to be happy: 1) the weekend and  2) time for another Polka Doodles show and tell. It's week 7 and our theme is Shabby Chic.  This is not an easy one for me because I still haven't figured out the shabby chic look. I kinda made it up and I went along and ended up with this card, which I made for a friend in need of some TLC. She got laid off recently and is feeling a little low. That's rough! A card, a nice meal out and a glass of something spiritual should give her a little boost, if only for a day.

Here's my card:

The papers are from Studio 12 PickNix Collection 1. Love that burlap background papers.


The sentiment is from the new Cherry Blossom Lane, which I cut and layered using Spellbinder dies. 


This is  not a flat card and must be hand delivered, but I think the extra embellies are worth it. 


Some soft pink mulberry flowers, pearls and cream lace complete this shabby Chic look.


On the inside I used more of that lovely paper from PickNix.

So there you have it - my take on something shabby and chic. Now it's your turn, show us your delish shabby creation. Nothing to embellish your card? No worries, just grab Aunty Sue's pearls and cut up your Nana lace nighty! You've got willing and (unwilling) donors for your project. ...just don't tell them I sent ya!


Thanks for stopping by today. I'm looking forward to visiting your blog.

Beijinhos!

Blogged to:
Ferrero Roche 


28 comments:

  1. Oooooh brilliant Asha. Love the sentiment, so true. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beauty of a card! love it!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely papers Asha on a beautifully pretty card. Hope you are fully recovered. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Asha those papers are gorgeous! This is an amazing shabby chic card! So romantic and feminine. I just love it!
    hugs,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so beautiful Asha - love your choice of papers and design. Fabulous. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the shabby chic look but am not sure how to do it, either! You figured it out!! This is beautiful! LOVE that burlap DP!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You definitely figured out the shabby look Asha. This card is beautiful and your friend will love it. :) You are such a thoughtful lady! Hope you have a relaxing weekend, hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Asha this is gorgeous, I love the lace and the flowers. This will really cheer your friend up x

      Delete
  8. The shabby look of your card is amazing - love the roses and especially the sentiment. Thanks for joining us over at Ruby's Rainbow xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous shabby chic card, Asha! I love the papers and the encouraging sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's perfectly shabby chic Asha - I love it! Unusually for me I now want that CD - the burlap/hessian is so realistic! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh love this Asha those papers are gorgeous I will have to invest in this cd love it Sue J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card Asha, the papers are gorgeous. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you've nailed the shabby chic style, really beautiful card and a great sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/02/52-card-pickup-27.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning card. Love those beautiful pattern paper and the nice sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely and pretty - looks extremely shabby chic to me - beautifully done :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is absolutely gorgeous and the texture and design stunning!
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #103 uplifting sentiment, pink brown & beige challenge
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This one just knocks my socks off! WOW, Asha.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is absolutely fabulous Asha. I love it! Christine

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous!!! Love everything about it, from the lovely papers and colors, to the added texture of the lace, flowers and stitching! A beautiful sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well Asha, you've done it again! Another beautiful creation. Keep up the good work my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A gorgeous card. I love the papers and lace. A very feminine card

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow Asha this is just beautiful, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Asha, this is so stunning and simply elegant, beautiful sentiment and the embellies, gives those finishing touches.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card, love your layout, such a sweet sentiment, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz, hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...