Wednesday, 27 February 2013

An Accidental Pocket Card

Happy Wednesday, fellow crafters! I have a card to show you today that took me 3 days to make and post. Why?  I entered a doofus zone and made sooo many mistakes ... it's embarrassing to recount all the details. But I'll say this: it all began with a tri-fold card.

Our fortnightly offering over at the Christmas Card Club show-cased a variety of tri-fold cards. I made a simple one (see HERE) and decided to give it another go, this time with an Easter flair. It was supposed to be a concertina card, until I cut the angles wrong. Then I thought kimono-style card... until I stuck the flaps down. Now it's a pocket card that doesn't open, with an ill-fitting tag. And if that weren't bad enough, some spammer knows I've got stretch marks where the sun don't shine! Can the day get any worse? Here is my card ... critique away, my friends!


My stash clearance is still on, so I'm using off-cuts from Daisy Days by Doodlebug. All the twine  (yellow, green and orange) are also by Doodlebug. 

The basket and  flowers are from WMS Spring Basket set, stamped with Memento Espresso Truffle and coloured with SN markers.  (Blooms OR1, CT4, CT2 ; leaves CG4, LG3). Then I fussy cut the flowers and used pop dots for dimension. To finish the flowers I adhered 3 yellow blings in the centres. For cutting and layering I used Spellbinders Standard Circle and Scalloped Circle dies.

Here's the "tag". I used Spellbinders Label 23 to cut. The sentiment by WMS is stamped with Memento Morroco. To stamp the bumblebees, I used Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured them with SN markers LY3 and LY1. In the pocket of the card base I did some stamping with a greeting and butterfly from the same WMS set. I used Memento Rich Cocoa to stamp and to colour I used SN markers in CT4, CT2 and LY4. 

It's one of those cards where you make things up as you go along because you have no idea what you're doing. Still, I'm going to try my luck at the following challenges: Dutch Dare Challenges #205 "Tag You're It"; Top Tip Tuesday "Tag You're It"; Loves Rubber Stamps #41 "Tags"; Eureka Stamps #28 "Flower Power"; 365 Cards Day 57 "A Certain Sentiment - Happy" and  Divas by Design "Anything Goes".  

That's all for today. Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon...with news on a long overdue Blog Candy. Yes...it's finally here! See you on Friday, my friends!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Jaffa cakes and 


22 comments:

  1. LOL Asha the stretch mark remark made me chuckle so bad!! but the card is really go,gorgeous papers too I intend to have a go at some of those different tri-folds too when I pluck up the courage huggles hun Sue J xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asha, this is beautiful! I wish all my accidents had a happy ending like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the extra touch with the stitching. You have inspired me to try one of these cards! Very cute. Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of life's happy accidents Asha! Turned out to be a real cutie. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful and looks great. Accidents are creativity opportunities. lol Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design,
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is a beautiful tag holder and cute tag, love the details. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this!! The image is really pretty and the paper is amazing, so vivid. Thanks for reminding me of pocket cards, I think I'll have to make one now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It doesn't matter how you came about it, it's lovely! There are no mistakes in crafting!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing wrong with making it up as you go along Asha and there's nothing wrong with this card - love your papers and image. Can't comment on your stretch marks though lol. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you hadn't mentioned I would never know this was a mistake. It has turned out lovely. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the story behind the card, Asha, and the way you tell it has me both sympathetic and laughing. I think it's beautiful and nobody would ever know it was the result of a mistake. Love the flower basket and all the sweet little bees on the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well my friend, this turned out pretty nifty and let's not imagine how long it would have taken me! No, let's be serious, I wouldn't have started!
    I think it is adorable but would be showing off if I had made it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Asha! What a bright and colorful card, and I love the pocket. Thanks for sharing this with us in our challenge this week.
    Blessings,
    karen
    Eureka Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, for an accidental card, its beautiful. LOL! At least you were able to save it. I love all the papers and the wonderful image. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. your accident is definitely a happy one Asha, its just gorgeous. Love those papers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it is wonderful! I don't see anything wrong with it!

    The tag is so pretty the way you have created a border of stamped image around it.
    The basket of flowers looks like you planned the card around it!

    Our last CC Club left me wanting to try more folded cards...you have beat me to it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ROFL!!!! You have made me laugh big time!!! I totally get those mistakes it would be the type that I would make... but I think it really turned out great.

    Too funny about the spammer ;)

    Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMGosh! You made me laugh so loud! I have definitely had projects like this but I think the final result is so pretty! Kudos to you for sticking with it and just rolling with the changes! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful and very clever.

    Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful creation. Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
    Good luck
    hugs Anke

    ReplyDelete
  21. If you hadn't told us, we'd never know it wasn't planned this way! Beautiful card! (Not that I'm glad you had trouble, but it makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one!!!)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...