Friday, 22 February 2013

A New Baby Girl

It's Friday!!!! I cannot tell you how happy I am. Firstly because the week is almost over and secondly, because we're going to sneak away for the weekend. I've had enough of this cold weather, and like Canadian ducks, we're headed south to catch some sun... hopefully. Keeping my fingers crossed because the past 2 days we've had hail, rain and more hail. Needless to say, I'm not venturing out after dark, not since my last acrobatic fiasco. Me and my tail, we're playing it safe.

In the meantime, a good friend of mine, decided to have a baby in this terrible weather. The little bundle of joy arrived yesterday and I thought I'd make Mummy and Baby a card before we skive off for the weekend. Here it is:


The patterned papers are by From Me To You. I just love Tatty Teddy. Here he is bringing a pile of pressies for the new baby.

In keeping with the lots of layers theme, I went bonkers with my foam tape. Tatty Teddy is  perched on on Spellbinder die-cuts in Classic Oval and Lacey Oval.

All new-born baby girls love pink gingham and twine. Ok, I made that up. But us big people sure think they do. And for the baby I threw in a bottle charm....which I think is just adorable! 

Here's the inside. The sentiment is from WMS Say It Loud set, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black.
In my enthusiasm to get it all done, I wrote my message before taking picture. A little cover-up is in order... but not enough. So, yes, Carlos is the name of the man I lovingly refer to as Conan (the Barbarian), Mr C or My Mad Biker. So that takes care of the numerous e-mails about his real name!

Now for the challenges. Here's my list, you might want to have a gander too: 4 Crafty Chicks Challenge #130 "Twine"; Milk and Coffee Challenge "Make It Cute"; Moving Along With The Times - sketch; Dare to be Sassy Thursday #165 "Stitch It Up" ; Inspire Me Fridays #97 "Anything Goes"; Crafter's Circle #63 "Teddy Bears On Parade" and Shelly's Image Terrifically Thrilling Thursday "Sew Much Fun".

I also want to say hello to my new followers: Margaret, Christine, DebiJ, Esther and Ardilla. Welcome aboard, ladies! 

That's all for today. We're off bright and early tomorrow. The sitter is will arrive at the crack of dawn tomorrow and she'll will take of home and hearth while we're away.

Watch out for some scheduled DT posts over the weekend. Normal visiting will resume late on Sunday. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend, y'all!

Beijinhos!

 

23 comments:

  1. Aww this is so sweet Asha! I love Tatty Teddy too!! and I love how you've used the sketch… the papers and embellies are gorgeous! :-)
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and good luck in the challenge!
    Hope you have a lovely weekend!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWW is right!! This is really adorable Asha!! Love that sweet bear and your details with the layout and charm are just brilliant! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my dear friend! This is adorable Asha, I love all the layers and the perfect pinks! That charm really is a charm! Have a great weekend and take care x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable Asha, love all the layers. Enjoy your weekend. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Asha enjoy the weekend huggles hun Sue J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful baby card, Asha! I love the papers and pretty details! The image is just adorable! Have a fun time away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it - fabulous sketch and I love Tatty Teddy!!! I have cross-stitched him in the past:-) Love the papers. Have a fabulous weekend away:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card...I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/02/52-card-pickup-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Asha
    Wowee how cute ....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute!!! Thanks for joining us for our TWINE challenge over at 4 Crafty Chicks this week...

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a gorgeous creation. I love all of the dimension and your coloring of Tatty Teddy is awesome!

    Thanks BEAR-y much for joining us this week at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How gorgeous! You've made a really beautiful card for a baby girl, Asha, so many sweet details, my favorite being the lovely tied ribbon with metal charm. Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great take on my sketch, I love Tatty Ted too, he is perfect for any occasion & new baby is definitely one of them!

    Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply adorable. Love your bow and how you put the twine in it. Cute image and colors too. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Asha, your beautifully colored Tatty Teddy with gifts looks fabulous on this wonderfully layered and lightly embellished card. Your bottle charm adds an especially nice touch. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps' digi team's "Charmed, I'm Sure (add a charm)" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty, well done.
    Thank you for joining us here at Shelly's Images.
    Greetings Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a sweet girly card. Thanks so much for joining us at SSD this week for our stitch it up challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. SEW precious (forgive the pun!) ... love all the soft colors and that charm is so sweet!
    Thanks so much for joining our "SEW Happy Together" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
    Darlene
    Shelly's Images DT
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    SHELLY’S IMAGES BLOG

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...