Saturday, 2 February 2013

A Couple of Cupcakes

Hello there! I'm popping in very quickly to post a couple of cards I put together (rather hurriedly) last night. We have birthday party to attend this afternoon - 12 year-old twin girls. With all the goings-on of the past week I plum forgot to make their cards. So here it is: not very artistic nor imaginative... my kinda CAS (sorry Sandie! :-D) but I have a feeling they'll like it... (I hope!)


The patterned paper is from Dovecraft's Sugar and Spice 8x8 pad. The square card measures 4-1/4".


I cut and layered the cupcake image using Spellbinders Circles (SM & LG ) and Scalloped Circle (LG) dies. No foam tape because I couldn't find it - my craft table is in such a state... I blame the cyclone in Australia. But I managed to get my hands on some pink gingham ribbon. 


Here's a close-up of the image. It's a digi from PolkaDoodles Welcome Home CD. I applied some Stickles and a pink bling to jazz it up. 


The sentiment is from WMS Compact Sentiments set, stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa. Cutting and layering done with Spelbinders Oval (LG) and Scalloped Oval (LG) dies. 


Here are both the cards. I've made them identical... don't want to be responsible for starting a food fight at the party!


I'm linking my card with these challenges: Paper Crafting Journey "For A Girl"; Crafty Ribbons #38 "Anything Goes with Ribbon"; Sandy's Craftt Creations "February Anything Goes with a Twist - Birthday"; House of Gilli #49 "Anything Goes with Pink"; Carisma Cardz #4 "Pink & Brown" and Moving Along With The Times "Punch It Out - Fave Punches / Dies" - I'm using my go-to Spell binders Circles and Scallops.


Rosie's News: My little pumpkin is feeling better than she did yesterday...I think. She's still not eating very well, so I've resorted to hand-feeding just to get a decent amount in her. She has a few meds to take orally and an empty tummy simply will not do. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers, which I'm diligently passing on to Rosie.  :-D

I'm a little behind on my visits and comment but will catch up today, so I dare say I'll be seeing you around soon! Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed weekend!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Walnut muffin, coffee and

17 comments:

  1. Molto dolce la tua card
    Ciao da Ale

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your cards are adorable! Love the cupcake. Looks almost real. I want to take a bite out of it! Thanks for entering in my Happy Birthday challenge at Sandy's Crafty Creations. Have a wonderful day and enjoy the party!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Asha - those girls will love their cards - aren't they lucky getting one each!! Really beautiful makes. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so sweet and yummy Asha. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asha, these are making me crave cakes and I don't like cake!! (I know, why are we friends-you love cake and dogs and I don't-Rosie excluded!!)
    These do look so gorgeous though I don't think with glitter, bows and stitching CAS is the word-but I think the word is 'AWESOME'!! (am I reading too many US sites??)
    Glad Rosie is doing better, give her a hug from me x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cupcakes look yummy, Asha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doesn't look hurried at all Asha, I really like this card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are wonderful Asha - and I love that digi, have to go and have a look at that one:-) Glad Rosie is doing reasonable. Hugs, Karon

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are wonderful matching cards...love how you added that tiny bling on the trim!
    Beautiful colouring...the inside of your card is as lovely as the outside...i need to take a lesson and do this more often!

    Just popping by everyone tonight to follow them and say Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are fabulous cards. I love the cupcake image and the colours. Thanks for joining in with the PCJ challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Asha for your gracious comments on my blog. I just love the cupcake card. It is lovely and so creatively done. You were wise to make 2. LOL I am now a follower. Can't wait to see more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so pretty! The cupcake looks very yummy! And your CAS is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, the cupcakes make me hungry, Asha! Wish we were sharing them over a mug of hot chocolate. Beautiful design and I love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your twin cards Asha! That cupcake looks positively yummy lol. Fab sentiment from WMS too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. YOur cupcake cards are totally scrummy Asha, making me hungry!
    Thanks for playing along at MAWTT for Debs 'Punch It Out' challenge and good luck
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is lovely...Thank you for sharing with us at Charisma Cardz. And good luck.

    Caz CC DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this card. Fantastic job
    Angel

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...