Saturday, 22 December 2012

The Light of Christmas

This may very well be the last Christmas card I make this year. I haven't been blogging or visiting much since Thursday because life has been super crazy around here. It all began on Wednesday evening with our choral recitation. The big Christmas gala presentation we've been practising for since October. It went well, very well actually. We are very pleased with ourselves, and our choir mistress is rightfully relieved!

Then on Thursday morning, off to the veterinary hospital for our Rosie's ear surgery. It was scheduled to take at least 4 hours. The surgeon called late in the afternoon to say that all went well and we could see her later during visiting hours. She looked so well, considering what she had just been through and she was totally doped up! Friday morning we got the call we've been waiting for, Rosie had a very good night and looked well enough to be discharged. We raced over and brought her home. Yay!

I still have a mountain of chores to get through...plus all of Rosie's meds to chart, schedule and execute so that nothing is missed during these next few days of madness! Without further blah-blah, here's my card:



The papers are from KaiserKraft's "Christmas Tradition" paper collection. The stamp is from Chocolate Baroque's "Stained Glass Christmas" stamp set. It's not obvious in the pic, but I've got 3 purple blings down at the right hand corner.

Here's a close-up of the image. I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured it with SN markers. I traced the ironwork with Kuretake Silver pen and applied Diamond Stickles on the flames and light. I made one mistake, though. For colouring with alcohol markers I use either Neenah or Westcountry but this time, due to my increasing festive blindness, I used just plain ol' cardstock. I only realised when the colours wouldn't blend properly...but was just too tired, lazy, frustrated to restart.   

View from the side. I matted the image on some old gold CS and popped it up on some foam tape.  I don't know why but my old gold looks more like bronze or rust.

Inside I used a sentiment from WMS Compact Sentiments and stamped it in Memento Elderberry. I love this sentiment because very often we get caught up in the materiality of Christmas that we fail to feel it in our hearts.  

The sketch for this card came from Tuesday Morning Sketches #177. It's their last for this year and I'm determined not to miss it! I'm also playing along with Top Tip Tuesday #92 "Anything Christmas"Just Add Ink #148 "Just Add Christmas"; WordArt Wednesday #59 "Glory to God/Anything Goes" because God's light never goes out and Play Date Cafe #162 "Gold, Teal Mint & Lavender".














That's all from me today. I'm going to see a man about a "bird". (Yes, I forgot to pre-order mine!)  Then see to my little Rosie's meds and then....oh the list goes on. I wish you all a peaceful Christmas. I'll be back before the big day... I hope! Thanks for stopping by today. I'll leave you with a picture of our Rosie.

Beijinhos!



Here's Rosie during visiting hours at the hospital on Thursday. We went for a short walk and then stayed in the play area with her until we had to say goodnight. She has to wear an Elizabethan collar until the stitches are removed and the ear is completely healed. The vet warned us that this is a very painful procedure. So we need to keep an eye on her and help her manage the pain. She is such a brave little soldier... 

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at he PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I sure hope Rosie is feeling better. What a sweet, but sad, picture. Ouch!
    Thanks for sharing your lovely card in our challenge this week, Asha. What a treat to have you play along with us. Have a blessed week.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card - and so glad that Rosie is home - bless. Have a fabulous Christmas Asha. Hugs, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And a stunning card to end on!
    Hope you sort out the bird!!
    And I had forgotten to ask about the Choir on Wed-was just thinking about Rosie-but so pleased it was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, Rosie looks like a sweetheart. I hope she heals quickly. Your card is beautiful. Love your coloring and the glitter on the flames. Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Morning sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad Rosie is home with you and on the mend!!
    Beautiful card!! I love the layers and stitching!!
    (I'm coming back next Christmas-card-making-season to CASE your bailout cards from this year!!)
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
    Have a very Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Asha, you've created another stunner! What a beautiful image. Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor wee Rosie bless her I hope her pain is getting less each day, so glad to hear she is home with you...
    Gorgeous Christmas card, beautiful layers... Merry Christmas.. Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Asha! Oh, hope Rosie is feeling better now! I wish you a Merry Christmas and a vey happy new Year!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty festive card Asha - the stained glass window is coloured beautifully and and the Kaiser papers are so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Asha I am so relieved that poor Rosie has had the op and is doing well.It must be such a weight off your mind darl. Another fabulous card. You will have to join my Christmas Card Club in the New Year. Let me know if you feel up to it. Big hugs Clare xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning image on the card.

    Thanks so much for sharing your art with us on WAW.

    Have a blessed day!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/12/52-card-pickup-week-52.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a lovely Christmas card. I hope you had a very special day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so glad to hear Rosie made it through like a trooper! What a sweet girl :) She doesn't even look unhappy to be in the cone of shame...those must be some good pills ;) lol!
    Best Christmas gift ever, right?

    ReplyDelete
  16. awww i hope your rosie is ok soon! Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...