Tuesday, 25 December 2012

Thanks, Santa!

Happy Christmas, everybody! It's the big day! I'm guessing you've dressed and stuffed your oversized bird of choice, and now you're dressed and ready to be stuffed in the company of family and friends. As this is a scheduled post, I have no idea what we're doing right now but I'm hoping we're all sitting down to a civilised feast, wearing silly hats, telling silly jokes and remembering pre-war Christmas celebrations, faithfully recounted by ageing relatives  ... it's what we do every year!

This is just a quick post to share with you a thank you card I made for my Santa. As a highly skilled "detective" (i.e. nosy-parker) I could not help but stumble upon the stash Santa kept hidden from me... in the linen cupboard of all places! Overcome by gratitude (and a guilt) I made this quick thank you card and left it by the fireplace. Here it is:


The papers and image are from PolkaDoodles Gingerbread Twist CD. The image is pre-coloured which made it possible for me to put this card together in a tick.  This ia great CD for the holidays... a must-have!
Instead of milk, my Santa got a generous serving of something spiritual - Jamaican Rum.

I used Spellbinder dies to cut out the Circles and Scalloped Circles. The greeting is from WaltzingMouse's Compact Sentiments set, stamped in Memento Cottage Ivy. The twine is from Doodlebug's Christmas collection. 

On the inside I gave myself plenty of room for a message.


The sketch for this card came from MojoMonday #273. I'm also playing with Tuesday Alchemy #46 "Anything Goes"; LEJ Designs #34 "Santa's Coming To Town" and Deep Ocean Challenge#41 "Santa Is Coming To Town".

Thanks for stopping by. Now get back to your families and enjoy the rest of this most blessed of days. I'll be back later with a gift basket... Intrigued?







Have a safe and joyous Christmas, y'all! I'll leave you with a glamour shot of Rosie, our resident reindeer. She's showing you her best side!




Beijinhos!

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Asha - and wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super card, with a fun image, Thanks for joining in the lejdesigns Challenge
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really fun idea you had. Bet Santa loved it and he would not gain those extra pounds as he would of done with the real ones lol. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful colors on this card, Asha! Just noticed you changed Xiara's picture on your sidebar - adorable! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww your picture of Xiara brought a tear to my eye bless her then I saw the wonderful pic of Rosie the resident reindeer and had a good belly laugh!!!!. How gorgeous does she look!!!!. I do hope that she is doing better and feeling better now by the way hun. I do hope that you have had a wonderful Christmas my friend. I do love the card by the way darlin and sure Santa will be thrilled with it. Big hugs Clare xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, you git the Turkey? Hope the day was a fun x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Asha!
    Oh, wow! This is just so amazingly cute! Santa would have loved to drink that stunning glass of goodies :)

    Thank you so much for joining us at DOC this fortnight! Welcome back!
    Hugs, Louise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how wonderful! It's fabulous to have you join us at Tuesday Alchemy.

    I invite you to share at this ANYTHING GOES challenge as well: http://pinandtack.blogspot.com/2012/12/spark-your-creativity-now-challenge-4.html

    Lots of joy,
    Corrinne

    ReplyDelete
  9. great card even if it was a quick one,love the twine and your resident reindeer lol-thanks for joining us at LEJ Designs
    carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...