Wednesday, 5 December 2012

Roly Poly Snowlady

It's Wednesday. We're half way through the first week of Advent and I'm in a state of panic! Why? Because I've already received a dozen cards to date!!! I shamefully admit I haven't mailed out any. It's true...a big fat zero in my festive outbox! Time to get it done ...and I intend to do so this evening.

Have you started yours? Have you done yours? Are you already planning Easter? This is depressing, I need something sweet to calm my nerves. Ferrero's Mon Cherie ... cherry brandy... chocolate ... mmmmm

Back on earth... I want to show you a card I made last night. It's light-weight, flat and will not inconvenience Postman Pat. The cute image is by Polka Doodles PickNix Gingerbread Twist CD and I'm calling her Roly Poly Snowlady. (That just made me crave some Jam Roly Poly... yummmm)





The patterned paper is from Papermania's "Home for Christmas" 6x6 pad.

I cut out the image with Spellbinders Standard Circles die and layered it on cherry CS cut with Spellbinders Scalloped Circles die. Some silver ribbon and we're done!  

Quick and easy colouring with alcohol markers ...that's all she needs! The Snowlady is from Polka Doodles PickNix Gingerbread Twist CD.

The greeting on the inside is also from Polka Doodles PickNix Gingerbread Twist CD. 

Today I'm playing along with The Stamping Boutique #61 "Holiday Cards"; Crafty Sentiments "Snowmen / ladies"; Tuesday Throwdown #126 "White Christmas"; Top Tip Tuesday #91 "Christmas".

That's it from me today. Thanks for dropping in. I'm off to look for my Jam Roly Poly recipe... must have some tonight! We'll catch up in a day or two...hopefully by then I would have sorted out my out-going cards.  <wish me luck!>

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Ferrero's Mon Chérie and

11 comments:

  1. Love it Asha - fabulous card, I love the backing paper. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute roly poly snowlady!! (Wish I'd be as cute if I were that round!!)
    Cards sent??? When I counted my cards the other day, I immediately began to make a list of folks I might just email my greetings to!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cute card, lovely papers and insert. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for joining us at The Crafty Sentiments Designs SNOWMEN Challenge
    Your card is fabulous well done and good luck Hugs Elaine .

    ReplyDelete
  5. love Mrs roly poly! And I adore he inside sentiment! Some cards sent but more to do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card and I love the sentiment on the inside. Thank you for playing along this week at The Stamping Boutique. Good luck in the challenge and I hope to see you in the next challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl TSB DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Asha! Love your sweet snowman and the great background paper! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card the image is simply gorgeous. Thanks for joining in on the fun at Tuesday Throwdown. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs
    Berni,DT
    tuesdaythrowdown.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, heck Ash you just reminded me - I haven't mailed any cards yet! :(. Time to get cracking!

    I absolutely love this snowlady! And you captured her really nicely with your coloring. She makes me smile! I love the inside too. You rock, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one adorable snowman! Thank you for joining us at The Stamping Boutique for Challenge #61 - Holiday Cards. We hope to see you in future challenges! Good Luck~Patti TSB DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is marvelous, Asha! Totally adorable image. OK, DT Hat time: So glad that you shared with us in our "White Christmas" challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Hope you'll be joining us again next challenge. Happy Holidays.
    NanaConnie TT DT
    I'm really tickled that you applied for the DT, also. :-D

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...