Friday, 7 December 2012

Partridge in a Pear Tree

I wouldn't mind being a Partridge right now. There was a time when I was "uncontainable" at Christmas and annoyingly chipper (according to my sweet talking husband),  but this year... I'm just flapping about like a headless chook trying to get everything done and accomplishing very very very little. So far I've mailed a dozen cards and...well, that's it! The tree: not here; the pressies: not bought; the cookies: not baked (santa will be miffed) and the list goes on.   If you're one of those super-organised, in-control people...oh how I envy you. I was you last year.

Did I mention that I have fallen behind on visiting and commenting too? I cannot apologise enough to all who have actually made the effort and time to visit me. I hang my head in shame.

When (If?) we put our tree up tomorrow, I might just climb up and hide in it, together with the Partridge. Call me when Christmas is over, will ya! In the meantime, I'll leave you with this card, which had me humming a certain Christmas carol all day long. (It's maddening when a ditty makes your head its new home...and refuses to leave!)


This is a large card: 6" x 4.5". Had to be in order to accomodate the stamped image. No patterned  papers on this one, just black, green and tan (read crumb cake) CS.

Here's a close up of the tree from Chocolate Baroque's "Family Christmas" stamp set. This set is chock full of the most beautiful images and the details are stunning. I stamped the Pear Tree with Memento Bamboo Leaves and went over the bark and stem with Memento Tuxedo Black marker. Then I coloured in the Pears, Five Golden Rings, Four Calling Birds, Three French Hens, Two Turtle Doves and the Partridge with Spectrum Noir markers. And a touch of Stickles here and there...because it's Christmas.

To finish, I tied some red raffia into a bow and did some stitching to mimic a frame border. Why?Because TMS #175 made me do it.  

On the inside, I stamped a sentiment from Chocolate Baroque's "Warm Christmas Greetings" set in Memento Tuxedo Black. 

Inspiration for this card came from Tuesday Morning Sketches #175; Dillybean Challenge "Traditional Christmas Colours"; Freshly Brewed Designs #125 "Christmas"; Colour Throwdown #221; Charizma Cards #48 "Christmas" ; PaperPretties Wednesday Challenge #235 "Christmas Inspired" and Fairytale Challenge #53 "O Tannenbaum".

And, as always, you'll find me playing in a fun little sand-box called MIM #119. Don't forget to check it out!
















It's Friday, no reason to remain frazzled (or so I tell myself). Enjoy your weekend, my friends! Thanks for taking a mo to visit me and we'll catch up in a couple of days....if not sooner. In the meantime, I am committed to doing some visiting later today....so don't forget me just yet! :-) Toodle-loo!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Vintage Port, dark chocolate and

30 comments:

  1. Oh My Asha - this is stunning - wow wow wow!!! Have a fabulous weekend and get that tree up - bah humbug LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karon. Fingers crossed...the tree will be up by Sunday....I hope! :-)

      Delete
  2. Asha this is beautiful. Ilove it. The tree is so so pretty and I love how you have put this project together. We are so lucky to have you as an ECLECTIC.
    Hugz Elaine aka Ellapu x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am honoured to be on your team, Elaine. Thanks for having me! hugs

      Delete
  3. What a lovely tree and a great use of the throwdown colors! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh I've been behind in visiting too - I know it's at least 2 1/2 weeks still before Christmas but I'm already begging for just another week please! So behind!

    I love how you colored the stamped image and the raffia bow is just a wonderful touch. Have a wonderful week, Asha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magnificent card. Wonderful image. Fabulous work of coloring on it. I like when the inside and the outside was worked. Excellent ! Bravo!

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very regal looking tree, and my friend this is knocking on the door of CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Asha! Very elegant. Love the simple raffia bow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very beautiful!!! I love the sentiment inside, too! Remember it when you begin to feel flustered!! :)
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your post...I feel the same way this year! It's my turn to host Christmas with the family, and I haven't started preparing anything! Your card is absolutely beautiful. Amazing coloring, and I love the bits of sparkle. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It seems to me this Christmas is just racing up on everyone! I wish you the feeling of having done 'enough' :) Being panicked & feeling behind is absolutely miserable.
    Your card is incredible - the detail in that image is simply stunning! Thank you so much for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderfull card! I love your design! Thank you for joining us at Fairytale Challenge! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the card! That tree is so beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is Stunning Asha. I love the stamp you have used. Saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic card and image Asha. Visiting from MIM..Faye

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is sooooo big card and its gorgeous.saw it on MIM ,love it.
    megha
    http://meghanuj01.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is lovely. Would looked fantastic in a frame for Xmas.. Saw this on MIM Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. adorable card... and christmas is all about the festive things...

    Saw on MIM.. thought of dropping in to admire !!

    Love
    Manu!
    http://hands-full-of-art.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely Christmas card
    thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely Christmas card! You've colored the details on this tree so beautifully! Classy, clean design! Visiting from MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's one super card! Thanks for sharing on MiM.
    Sue x (MiniOwner @26)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful card. Very sweet and just perfect for Christmas wishes.

    I stopped by from MIM. Come and visit me too if you like (my is 44 but I'm still doing some projects, so I'll have more posts till the end of the week).

    Happy Crafting. Hugs, Keti

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stopping by from MIM. This is a beautiful card. The image is just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Saw your card over at MIM and thought I'd pop in to visit. This cards is awesome both inside and out. I love that tree. We could also be twins right now in the not getting enough done department. My card design posts right now are called 'The Christmas Panic Continues'. So I feel for you sista'.

    Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
    I saw your creation at MIM.
    -Sony
    http://sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your card is totally gorgeous - love that stamp. I saw your card on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sensational card! The coloring is just wonderful!! :)

    Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
    Happy Crafting...
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. vielen dank für deine teilnahme an der fairytale-challenge, deine arbeit ist absolut gelungen!!!, alles liebe und viel glück, patty

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...