Monday, 10 December 2012

Nordic Mojo

So, we're in our third week of Advent. You may recall I said something about putting the tree up... ya-da  ya-da ya-da. Well I'm happy to announce that never happened. Oh don't ask me why, how, who ... all I can say is our tree is on the living room floor taking a nap. It got tired of waiting. I so want to say we'll do it this evening, but I hesitate because ... oh well.... I'm running out of convincing excuses. So, let's just move on to this week's MojoMonday #271 card. I'm also drawing inspiration from The Ribbon Reel Challenge #43 "Nordic Christmas"requiring the use of red, white, kraft, ribbon, buttons & twine...all of which I managed to cram onto my card front!














And here is my take in a Nordic Mojo:

Just a wee bit of patterned papers, which I cut to into strips to make a panel on either side. It's from Papermania's "Home for Christmas" 6x6 pad. I like the faux stitching design. The central panel is just some kraft CS that I embossed with Craft-Too's "Daisy" folder, an obvious mistake because I meant to use the Snowflakes folder. (2 weeks before Christmas I'm losing mind and my sight - perfect!) 

Here's a close-up of the focal image. It's from Chocolate Baroque's "Family Christmas" and I stamped it with TH's Barn Door Distress Ink. I gave the rocking horse scene some texture by adhering pearls for baubles and some twine bows on the pressies. I aslo coloured the saddle and rocker in kraft-ish colours with SN markers (GB10 and GB8)

The greeting is from WMS Say It Loud Winter Holidays, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on white glittery foam. I cut it out with Spellbinders Standard Circles die and layered it on some red CS cut with Spellbinders Scalloped Circles die.

And finally some red dotted ribbon, a bow and I'm done.

On the inside stamped a greeting from Chocolate Baroque's "Warm Winter Wishes" clear stamps with Memento Tuxedo Black. Because of the faux stitching on my patterned paper, I confined my obsession to the inside.

Other challenges: Craft Your Passion #140 "Stitching".

I hope you're having a wonderful sunny Monday. The weather is holding up although it is frightfully cold here. I've got to go and stare at our tree and consider what perfect alignment of constellations will enable us to hoist it up to glory. Fingers crossed it will be this side of Christmas!

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget...Day 4 of my Holiday Mini Bailout... tomorrow. See you then!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Caramel Cream Puff, cappuccino and



12 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Asha, I just adore the faux stitched paper. Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight.

    Like you, I've still not decorated our tree, it's sat in the corner waiting for me to make it look pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how pretty! Love the twine bows, the pearl accents and that fabulous shimmery sentiment circle. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Asha - love the red and white. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. The daisy embossing looks just like snowflakes so losing your mind perhaps but you got away with it! The twine on the presents looks great and so Asha to add all those little details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the look of the glittered foam!! And I like the flowers embossed too (even if they weren't your original intention...oh, I know how that works!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty!! I saw it yesterday and thought I had commented, but obviously not!
    I love the stamp and all the detail you added!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is lovely. You have definitely captured the nordic feel. red and kraft go so beautifully together and the stamp you used is awesome in this colour scheme. Gorgeous ribbon! Lovely design. Thanks for joining our Stitching challenge at Craft Your Passion. I hope we see you again soon. Good luck with that tree!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card just makes me smile! I love all the wonderful layers and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've covered the Nordic look beautifully and how clever to accent the rocking horse in kraft colours.I think the daisies look sweet with the image but could pass as snowflakes ;)Delightful card.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Asha! You've totally captured the magic of Christmas here! The rocking horse, the pretty colors and of course a sprinkle of sugary glitter - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving this, Asha! The rocking horse is such a sweet Christams image! Love the twine bows and sprinkle of pearls! Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...