Sunday, 16 December 2012

Holiday Mini Bailout #9: Good Boy!

Here we are my friends, we've reached Day 9 of my Holiday Mini Bailout series. Until the 19th I'm posting 12 easy cards measuring 4" x 3.5" that you can make quite easily. If you find yourself in an unexpected festive deficit these project might give you a few ideas... hopefully.  I'm also using up my hoarded stash and sometimes, bits and pieces that I find lying about my craft room. So join me while I tidy up my messy "studio".

Today I have this little idea for pet-lovers:

The background paper is from my local craft shop. I fished it out of the bargain bin a couple of years ago and a stack of 50 assorted A4 sheets cost me 50cents. It really is a bargain because these papers a embossed in silver. Not obvious in the photo but the raised design is shiny silver. Can't understand why I waited so long to use it!
The little dog is "Scottie" by Adam Pescott and I layered him on red SC cut with Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Rectangles die.

Close-up of Scottie. I coloured him with SN markers.  Dog: IG1 & IG2. Antlers: TN7 & TN8.  Vest, hairband, bauble: CR9 & CR10. Bell: GB2, CT4 

Here's the inside. The sentiment is from WMS Seasons of Love Tags stamped with Rhubarb Stalk.

This is a very easy card and I made half a dozen in one evening and promptly sent them out the next day. Since I decided on a white Scottie, the colouring is simple and minimal.

Scottie and I are joining these linky parties: Paper Pretties #69 "Red, Green, Choice"; Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Callenge #103 "Anything Goes Christmas"; Card Crafters Circle #53 "Red White and Green" and Freshly Brewed Designs #125 "Christmas".

So that's another quickie done and dusted. Thanks for dropping in. I have three more cards to show you, so join me tomorrow for the final furlong! See ya!

Beijinhos


Blogged to

















 2012 Holiday Mini Bailout - the story so far:
Day #08 : Christmas Star
Day #07 : Little Red Robins
Day #06 : Seasonal Sweeties
Day #05 : Rudy
Day #04 : Snowman
Day #03 : O Christmas Tree
Day #02 : Jolly and Bright
Day #01 : Twinkle Twinkle

7 comments:

  1. Darling card. I have that set of stamps and think they are so cute. You've done quite a nice job of colouring up the little Scotty and the card looks nicely festive in green, white and red. Thank you for entering our challenge this week at Card Crafter's Circle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice design - good idea for making quick cards - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 103 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute image Asha - love the die background. Hope you are OK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Love the little reindeer-dog-image so sweet.. Great colours the red & green are fabulous together... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The antlers on the cute dog is beyond adorable! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi - a wonderful card, and that doggie image is just so sweet! Thanks for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute little guy! I love his antlers and the wonderful die cut frame you've used! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...