Thursday, 13 December 2012

Holiday Mini Bailout #6: Seasonal Sweeties

Welcome to the 6th Card in my Holiday Mini Bailout series.  Each day until the 19th I will post a simple mini card measuring 4"x3.5". These are 12 easy cards that I put together quickly when I realised I had underestimated my festive mail-outs. With Christmas just days away, I had to come up with extra cards...and be quick about it. I hope you find a couple of ideas in my hurried / harried creations in case you too need a few extra cards.  Keep it simple, use up your stash and, most important of all, make it look like you spent hours creating it!



This card requires more work but can be broken into parts that you could do while watching the evening news.   The background CS is embossed with the Swiss Dots folder.  Then I used up some scrap pieces from Crate Papers "Toy Box" 6x6 pad for the centre panel. I coloured the focal image and layered it on red and brown CS. And to finish some red twine.

Here's a closer look at the focal image. The basket and gingerbread fillings are from WMS Bountiful Basket Additions set, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with SN markers. Trust me, they were very quick to colour.

For the inside, I stamped a greeting from WMS Compliments of the Season set, in Memento Tuxedo Black.

I'm linking up with these challenges: Creative Belli Challenge #158 "Something Sweet"; Do You Stack Up #102: Christmas; The Lollipop Ladies #60 "Candy Canes" and Charisma Cardz Challenges #49 "Christmas Makes".

Admittedly, this card has more layering action, but its very easy to put together. So there you have it: Card 6. We're half way through my Holiday Mini Bailout series. Tomorrow I have a super simple... and I mean do-it-blind-folded simple ... card for you. Thanks for stopping by and  I'll see you in a day!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Raspberry cheesecake and

Day #04 : Snowman
Day #03 : O Christmas Tree
Day #02 : Jolly and Bright
Day #01 : Twinkle Twinkle










12 comments:

  1. Another great card Asha - love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card looks fabulous and I like the picture of your kitty cat too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely - I love listening to Susan Boyle too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry - logged off before I finished! I love WMS too - and her gingers are so cute. Thanks for joining us a the Lollipop Ladies this fortnight - hope to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card! Love that sweet image and all the wonderful layers! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at The Lollipop Ladies! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card! Those little gingerbread men are so cute!! Thanks for joining us at The Lollipop Ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quick Chrissy card, those gingerbread men are very cute and the candy canes are perfect for our challenge. Well done. Thanks for playing along with us at The Lollipop Ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute Christmas card. Thank you for joining in the Lollipop Ladies challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute image, Asha! And lovely coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, the stamped image is very cute. Thanks for playing at The Lollipop Ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So adorable Asha!
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely, thank you for sharing with us at Charisma Cardz and good luck.

    Caz xx CC DT

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...