Wednesday, 12 December 2012

Holiday Mini Bailout #5: Rudy

So here we are, my friends. It's Day 5 of my Holiday Mini Bailout series. Each day until the 19th I will post a simple mini card measuring 4"x3.5". These are 12 easy cards, nothing fancy or frilly, just a dozen quickies that I put together when I realised I hadn't made enough! If you're as (dis)organised as I am you might find a couple of ideas in my hurried / harried creations and save yourself a couple of sleepless nights. We're all about simple cards that don't take forever to make but still look like you put some thought into them.

Today I bring you this handsome creature:


The patterned paper is some scrap by Papermania from several years ago. I can't remember what it's called or why I still have it! Rudolf is from Hot Off the Press's "Enchanted Christmas" set with Memento Rich Cocoa. I  cut him out with Spellbinders Classic Ovals die and  layered it on CS cut with Spellbinders Labels 18. I also used very plain thin white lace for a soften the look. And we're done!

Here's a close-up of Rudy. I also inked the edges with TH's Antique Linen. But you can very easily leave this step out. And to jazz up him up, I adhered some bling: red for his nose and a couple of pale blue ones on his antlers.

On the inside, a little flourish in Memento Rich Coco from the same HOTP set, nothing more. 
Also linking up with the following: Use It Tuesday #45 "All About Christmas" (still clearing my stash!); Crafty Boots "Christmas" and Bearly Mine #65 "Anything Goes".

I think this card has a more strong masculine feel, despite the use of lace. Not sure why...perhaps it's the background paper. Anyways, that concludes the 5th card in this Holiday Mini Bailout. I'm glad you're still on this journey with me. There'll be something sweet on offer tomorrow so don't forget to pop in for a peek!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Orange-walnut muffin, coffee and 
 














2012 Holiday Mini Bailout - the story so far:
Day #04 : Snowman
Day #03 : O Christmas Tree
Day #02 : Jolly and Bright
Day #01 : Twinkle Twinkle

9 comments:

  1. Lovely card, great image - I love his nose!

    Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Merry Christmas.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous quick card - love the added bling - finishes him off. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love the reindeer image just perfect!! Thanks for joining us over at BMC Love Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thats a lovely sassy Rudolph - love his nose. Great card. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you blinged up the nose and antlers :) Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving your bail out cards. Mine was adorable and I agree this is masculine, lace and all x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh totally gorgeous color combo! I love that patterned background & Rudolph is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous reindeer!! loving his nose!! great idea!
    thank you for joining us at BMC
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one's cute too. I love the embossed image. Thanks for playing with us at Use It Tuesday, especially at this busy time of year.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...