Sunday, 9 December 2012

Holiday Mini Bailout #2: Bright and Jolly



It's time for the Pink Team to show off their goods over at Eclectic Ellapu Challenge #9. Our hostess this week is Sheena and she has a fun theme for us: Bright and Jolly. You may think Ho Ho Ho...but there's a whole load of other possibilities. I picked Bright bold colours with a Jolly bunch of poinsettias. That's the point of challenges -  push your creative limits, get out of your comfort zone and come up with something different. And the best part is: there's no wrong answer! So come on! Join in the fun and let your imagination soar.


 Keeping it  fuss-free with this simple sketch. That  bit of patterned paper is some scrap from Crate Paper's "Toy Box" 6x6 pad.

I ran some yellow CS through the BigShot with the Swiss Dots folder and layered it on some cherry CS.  With Spellbinders Classic Ovals die I cut the patterned paper and layered it on the cherry CS which I cut with Spellbinders Lacey Oval die. Then I popped the image on some foam tape. To finish, I tied a bow with some Doodlebug Christmas Bakers Twine.

Here's a close-up of the image. The stamp is from Waltzing Mouse "Basket Additions" and I coloured it with SN pens. For some sparkle I added 3 yellow blings in the center of the flowers. I fussy cut it and popped it up on some foam tape.

On the inside I stamped a greeting from WaltzingMouse "Compliments of the Season" with Memento Tuxedo Black.


This is also the 2nd Card in my Holiday Mini Bailout. Each day until the 19th I will post a simple mini card measuring 4"x3.5". These are 12 easy cards that I put together quickly when I realised I hadn't made enough! If like me, you're caught with your festive pantaloons down, you might find a couple of ideas in my hurried / harried creations and save yourself a wrinkle or two. Now is not the time for fiddling or stitching. Keep it simple ... and keep your hair on.

I'm also playing with Crafts4Eternity #101 "Recipe"; Card Crafter's Circle #52 "December Celebrations"  and QKR Stampede Challenge #17 "Holiday Cheer".

My fellow Pinkies have prepared a spectacular show for you. Pay them a visit - you will not be disappointed. And then head on over to Eclectic Ellapu and show us your stuff! Hurry! The clock is ticking and Santa's on his way!


See you tomorrow for Day 3 of my Holiday Mini Bailout. 

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Starbuck's Christmas Coffee and
















2012 Holiday Mini Bailout - the story so far:
Day #01 : Twinkle Twinkle

16 comments:

  1. The card is very nice!Love the flowers and coordinating background! Thank you for playing with us at Crafts 4 Eternity Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your take on the theme, and the pop of flowers are very jolly. Great twine too, I have some of this unused to date!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Asha, and the embossing just pops and really finished off the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asha, these poinsettias are beutiful and your design is fabulous!

    Hugs

    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Asha, the colours are fab and it feels so Christmassy!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your project, Asha!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Asha, thanks for making me smile with your 'festive pantaloons'! Excellent thinking outside the box for EE - brilliant design and love your poinsettias and the twine works so well. Santa is bring me a BS and some dies - I've been obsessed looking at everyone elses dies for last while - I like your oval! Thanks so much for your kind words over at my blog. Happy Sunday! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely, Asha. The plaid paper is a marvelous background for the flower basket! Love the "...caught with your festive pantaloons down" phrase. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Asha, Love those Beautiful flowers.. Fabulous background & colours... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet design and fabulous coloring. Delightful!
    Hugs
    Berni
    berni46blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very jolly! Poinsettas are such a lovely splash of colour at this time of year and your card looks gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very festive! Great simple design! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous poinsettia's and you've really made them pop out of the basket with your colours/colouring.
    :)S

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very lovely...Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede. Hope you will join us again next week as well. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love Christmas flowers. This is a really nice image and I love the paper and die cut also. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank-you for sharing your gorgeous card with us at the Crafts 4 Eternity Recipe challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...