Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Holiday Mini Bailout #12: Christmas Presents

Here we are, my friends. The last day of my Holiday Mini Bailout series....Day 12, Card 12. I started this series because I realised I wasn't unique in trying to juggle 10 balls only to find I've dropped half of them including my drawers! So why not drag my readers along on my journey of redemption. The plan: post a-card-a day until the 19th, giving you 12 cards to meet any last minute requirements. There's a card for every skill level... and all of which took me less than 15 minutes to complete, and let me tell ya, I am no expert.

Admittedly, when I started making these cards I was literally tearing my hair out with panic and soaked in cold sweat. I'm happy to say every gray strand is where it should be, I'm fresh as a daisy, the cards have all been mailed out and most have already reached their destinations. Another Christmas disaster averted. There's just one more thing to sort out... how do I explain that I forgot to order the turkey!? Maybe  I could get a large chicken and call it a mini turkey...  Another mini bailout in the making. Watch this space, folks!
 
In the meantime, here's my last "Holiday Mini Bailout 2012" card for you!


Another stamp from the Holly Hobbie Joy of Christmas set. I saved her for my last 2 cards because she reminds me of them good ol' days. No patterned papers - just red CS embossed using the Swiss Dots folder.  I cut the image out with Spellbinders Labels 14 - my very first Spellbinder die.  It was love at first sight and my collection has grown, quite a bit, since that fateful encounter! Did some stencilling with TH's Antique Linen and adhered some cream lace to complete the old-fashioned feel. 

As with yesterday's image, I coloured this one in the same dotting technique and minimal blending in the small areas. In her patchwork dress, the areas are small enough that with dotting and flicking, the colours blend themselves. I used these SN colours: Cream - EB1, EB2;  Red - CR8, CR10;  Green - JG4, JG6; Blue - IB1  Brown - TN6, TN8;  Yellow - CT4;  Skin - FS2

The sentiment is from Chocolate Baroque's Warm Winter Wishes set, stamped in Memento Rose Bud. 

Taking my old fashioned card to the following parties: Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge "Vintage Christmas"; ABC Christmas "Fave Die / Punch", Use it Tuesday #45 "Christmas" , Creative Belli #159 "Christmas" and Divas by Design #66 "Anything Goes".

I hope you have enjoyed these cards as much as I have enjoyed showing them. You don't always need to send out large cards. A mini packed with love is all you really need for Christmas. (At 5' 1", 83lb would I say any different?! )

Enjoy your day, my friends. Hopefully the sun is shining where you are and all your loved ones and safe and healthy.

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
(Too much) Port wine, (too many) dark chocolates and













2012 Holiday Mini Bailout - the story so far:
Day #11 : Christmas Flowers
Day #10 : Christmas Dolly
Day #09 : Good Boy
Day #08 : Christmas Star
Day #07 : Little Red Robins
Day #06 : Seasonal Sweeties
Day #05 : Rudy
Day #04 : Snowman
Day #03 : O Christmas Tree
Day #02 : Jolly and Bright
Day #01 : Twinkle Twinkle

7 comments:

  1. Oh WOW Asha - this is another fabulous card and wonderful image. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Asha with a lovely vintage feel to it. Thanks so much for joining us at the Belli Challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for getting all your cards done!!!! [saying with shame... I've had to use some from the store! Though some came from England and were really cute!]
    This is really cute!! I've got to make more flat cards next year... many of mine were too embellished to mail so local friends got all those.
    *it's not gray hair... they are wisdom highlights!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGSH! This card is darling but I must admit that I nearly spit my coffee over the "how do I explain that I forgot to order a turkey" ! You are so funny! I'm looking forward to seeing them all, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recognise this gorgeous card! Did you colour all this?? Behond clever if you did. And I am sure you weren't thinking of me when you did this as I could never be this shy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure did, my friend. I used Spectrum Noirs and the colours are given under pic#2. I've discovered a "lazy" colouring technique...and it works every time. Don't know what I was thinking sending you this card. You could never be this demure! I've seen your calendar toppers! ;-P

      Delete
  6. Fabulous!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Merry Christmas!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...