Tuesday, 18 December 2012

Holiday Mini Bailout #11: Christmas Flowers

Ok, here we are my friends. Day 11 of my Holiday Mini Bailout series. 12 mini cards, some easy, some with a little bit more effort but all quite quickly executed. These cards measure 4x3.5" and the limited real means decorations can be minimal. Today's card is just that - a focal image and ... that's it

Here's my card, inspired by gifting flowers for Christmas:

The background paper is a scrap piece from an old Doodlebug collection. The focal image is a free stamp that came with a crafting magazine. I added some bling at the corners just because it's Christmas. 


I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black an coloured them in with SN markers. Because the image in small, you don't need to be precise with the blending. These are suggestions of colour. The pointsetias: CR8, CR10, JG5. The pinny and bonnet: EB1, EB2. The dress: TB1, PP1. Floor: GB8, GB10. Shoes: TN8. Red fabric: DR5. I cut it out with Spellbinders Classic Oval and inked the edges with TH's Faded Jeans.
  

Sticking to the girlie theme, I stamped the swirls with Memento London Fog and the greeting, from Chocolate Baroque "Warm Winter Wishes" , with Memento Rose Bud.
I find colouring small images easier simply because it's easier to hide "mistakes"...not so glaring, especially when the blending is off. I coloured this image in under 5 minutes...and I did not rush. Give it a go, practice with a few simple images because it is a sure fire way to make your card look complicated without it being so. And you can be super simple with the background because the image will pop.

I'm playing along with The Die Cutting Divas #9 "More Holiday Spirit"; Paper Pretties Monday Challenge #70 and Simon Says Stamp and Show "Inspired by Gift Giving".

Thanks for stopping by today. We've got one more card in this series... come back tomorrow!

Beijinhos!



2012 Holiday Mini Bailout - the story so far:
Day #10 : Christmas Dolly
Day #09 : Good Boy
Day #08 : Christmas Star
Day #07 : Little Red Robins
Day #06 : Seasonal Sweeties
Day #05 : Rudy
Day #04 : Snowman
Day #03 : O Christmas Tree
Day #02 : Jolly and Bright
Day #01 : Twinkle Twinkle

10 comments:

  1. I've missed so many of your wonderful creations this past week and they are all fabulous!!
    This reminds me of "Holly Hobbie" from when I was young(er)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Asha, great image and beautifully coloured.
    Thanks for your reply regarding the 'phone call scam', I cannot believe these people.
    Hope you have a great Christmas
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful image, renids me of Sun bonnet Sue, fabulous. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! Thanks for playing along with us at DCD!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving these images in your bail out cards and I could only dream of colouring like this x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and really like how you've interpreted the challenge! Very pretty coloring. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. This image is so very pretty. Love it all the way around! And it goes so well with the PP on the BG.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Asha, Beautiful card and I love that little sunbonnet girl. Fabulous coloring! Wonderful simple design. Also, I love the new picture of Xiara. I'm so sorry you lost her this year. Hang onto those wonderful memories. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Asha, I am a new follower, I found you through Carri at Doubleclickconnections.com and I love this card, it brings me back to when I was a little girl, and was in love with Holly Hobby!! Thanks for that treat this morning!! Well I am off to creep around your blog, and I would love for you to stop by mine! karen♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute!! Thank you for joinin us at DCD.

    Veronica DCD

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...