Saturday, 8 December 2012

Holiday Mini Bailout #1: Twinkle Twinkle

The weekend is here and we've got 16 days to Christmas! That's very slightly over 2 weeks! We're putting up tree up today. My hunter-gatherer dragged one into our cave, so no more procrastinating! Hopefully it will be done before setset and I'll put up some pix of the end result...if it looks decent enough for global display!

In the meantime, I'm here to share a little something with you. I'm calling it my Holiday Mini Bailout.  Each day until the 19th I will post a simple mini card measuring 4"x3.5". These are 12 easy cards that I put together quickly when I realised I hadn't made enough! If like me, you're caught with your festive pantaloons down, you might find a couple of ideas in my hurried / harried creations and save yourself a wrinkle or two. Now is not the time for fiddling or stitching. The whole point is to keep it simple ... and hang on to your sanity!

Here's the Holiday Mini Bailout #1:


The papers are by Doodlebug, light blue background with dots in various shades of blue.  I cut the stamped image  with Spellbinders Classic Oval die and layered it on some Blue CS cut with Spellbinders Lacey Ovals die. To finish I tied a simple knot with some silver ribbon.

The stamp is by Adam Pescott, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with SN pen: BT1 & BT2 for the ice, IG1 & IG2 for the polar bears and CR8 & CR11 for the scarf . I added some Stickles on the star and called it a day. 

On the inside,  a simple sentiment from WaltzingMouse "Seasons os Love -Tags"  stamped in Memento Bahama Blue. 


I'm also playing along with Winter Wonderland  "Red & Blue"; The Stamp Man "In the Bleak Midwinter" and Sparkle and Glitter the St Rick Dennis #5 "White Christmas".

So that's my Holiday Bailout #1. Thanks for stopping by. Come back tomorrow for card #2. I'd better see to our tree now... or it may not be up before Christmas! See you soon!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Chocolate croissant, coffee and


10 comments:

  1. Love the little bear Asha, lovely card. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!! That image is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling image and you have made such a lovely card with it! Thanks for joining us at Sparkle and Glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so adorable, I really, really love this cute polar bear, makes me smile, thank you Asha for starting my day with a smile x

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally gorgeous creation with super use of the colours, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah this is so sweet. Thanks for playing on Sparkle and Glitter with Rick this fortnight, Love Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh what gorgeous little polar bears .. so cute
    Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. adorable card, very cute love the little polarbear
    thanks for joining our challenge this week
    hugs
    Miranda
    Sparkle and Glitter DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute. Thanks for playing with us at Sparkle and Glitter with Rick St. Dennis this fortnight.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...